1.    #1  
    Alright, so I already have a Pre, but of course, I dropped it in my toilet. Right now I'm letting it dry and as such don't know whether everything will be Oscar Mike or if it is completely ruined. If it is entirely ruined, and I decided to buy a used Pre on ebay for like 170$, what would I do about my sprint plan? Could I disable the broken Pre and then put the new ebay one on the same line I already had without skipping a beat? So like is the only cost I'm going to have to pay is the one for a new Pre?
    As long as you get a Pre with a clean ESN it should be very simple. I think you can change your active phone on Sprint.com too.
    did you really just say Oscar Mike?
  4.    #4  
    Yes. I did. In fact I was even quoting it from another person's post on Precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Yes. I did. In fact I was even quoting it from another person's post on Precentral.
    why?

are you military and just can't break the habit?

On Mission doesn't even make sense for what you're talking about. And neither does On the Move.
  6.    #6  
    It certainly doesn't mean "not working" "broken" or "dead". Seemed like a suitable place to say it. Sheesh get back on topic.
    OK would have fit perfectly in your sentence and.....

1)would have been quicker to type
    2)wouldn't have made you look like a poser

to answer your question, yes, you just call up Sprint and do an ESN change. you can do it online yourself if you have an account setup.
    Take your battery out and put both your pre with the cover off and your battery in a zip lock with rice. Leave it for 24 hrs and try to restart it. Hopefully that will work. If not, you should be fine buying a new one off ebay, as long as it has a clean esn. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Take your battery out and put both your pre with the cover off and your battery in a zip lock with rice. Leave it for 24 hrs and try to restart it. Hopefully that will work. If not, you should be fine buying a new one off ebay, as long as it has a clean esn. Good luck!
    to add, the water alone does not ruin the phone (or any electronic device) its the combination of water and electricity that fries electronics. So, to have any chance of saving your phone it MUST be bone dry (that's where the rice comes in), if there's any moisture on the electronics when you fire it back up then its toast. All that to say that along with the rice I might use a blow drier too.
    And to go a step further, I'd say 24 hours is the absolute minimum. I'd leave it 2 or 3 days if you can.
    I always put the bag of rice&phone in the oven on the WARM setting for a few hours.

Fixed every water damaged gadget so far!

Oh, some put it on a warm windowsill too. It's the heat and rice that helps.
  12.    #12  
    Yea yea, its been in the rice for over 36 hours now, I'm super paranoid and low on cash so I'm going to wait until friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Yea yea, its been in the rice for over 36 hours now, I'm super paranoid and low on cash so I'm going to wait until friday.
    Probably a good idea. I've done that a number of times in my life (never with the pre, knock on wood), and it's only failed one time. Hope it works for ya.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html