1.    #1  
    So, long story short is my Pre broke. It had a few tweaks, one of them being the additional launcher pages. Sprint sent me a new pre, I just booted it up, activated it, and it installed the tweaks from Preware with out me doing anything!!!

I guess Palm really does back up everything!
    Last edited by Matts4313; 01/12/2010 at 08:18 PM.
    big brother is watching
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Better wear your tinfoil hat.
  4.    #4  
    Seriously though... Is it normal that it installed the tweaks on a brand new phone without me doing anything?

Seems strange to me.
    Think I hear bangos playing in the woods.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Hopefully your Pre doesn't tell you that you have a pretty mouth.
    thats pretty awesome! On one hand it gives me a warm and fuzzy about not losing my data, but on the other hand makes me a little nervous about how much of my info is floating around. :-P I haven't been keeping up with Preware, but does it now have the ability to do a complete upgrade (remove tweaks and reinstall them) every time an update comes out? I've been waiting for that to come out to reinstall.
    Last edited by schnoid; 01/12/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    owh, look, a Preware cloud. It looks sooooooooooo beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    owh, look, a Preware cloud. It looks sooooooooooo beautiful.
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    So, long story short is my Pre broke. It had a few tweaks, one of them being the additional launcher pages. Sprint sent me a new pre, I just booted it up, activated it, and it installed the tweaks from Preware with out me doing anything!!!

I guess Palm really does back up everything!
    The launcher pages are linked to your Palm Profile. It will always restore the same amount of pages that you previously had.

If there are any other patches, that isn't normal.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    My Pre was freaking me out as well. I kept hearing "kill, kill, kill!" But I powered down my Pre and still heard the voices so I don't think it was my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    that is awesome
    In addition to launcher pages, I think I read somewhere that if blinking LED notifications are turned on that preference syncs to your profile as well, so that even though the switch to turn them on and off won't be there until you reinstall the patch, the notifications will still be on.