1.    #1  
    Would somebody please check the voltages on a Pre car charger.
    Just leave multimeter's black lead on GND and use the red one to check the voltages on Vcc, Data- and Data+ 1 by one. Be careful not to shortcircuit.

Thanks.
    Like all standard USB chargers, it operates at 5 volts DC. The Pre will draw up to 1 amp of power.
    is it just me or does the official car charger suck balls mine is brand new and doesn't charge worth of ****
    side note:

My friend had an extra car charger for his LG LX370 that he gave me, and Ive been using it with my Pre. It works really well, and might be an alt. for people who dont want to pay, or dont like the "official" Pre release.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    is it just me or does the official car charger suck balls mine is brand new and doesn't charge worth of ****
    The car charger is a trickle charger so it's not going to charge nearly as well as a wall charger. In fact, with heavy use, the battery can continue to drain even while connected via the car charger.
    my point when I bought it I thought wow this would be great I can use my gps and charge my phone at the same time but it died anyway so it's basically of no use to me and a waist of my money
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Like all standard USB chargers, it operates at 5 volts DC. The Pre will draw up to 1 amp of power.
    Exactly correct.

Any variation from 5.0 volts and 1.0 amps is a manufacturing defect.