Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I personally don't consider Snapdragon a new wave
    Yeah I would consider the T-250 more "new wave" then the Snapdragon. As well as more impressive power and graphics wise.

NVIDIA Tegra 250

Dual-core ARMŽ Cortex -A9 MPCore™ Processor
    Symmetric Multi-Processing support for blazing fast web browsing performance, improving load times and rendering of complex pages
    Processing efficiency of Cortex-A9 provides industry leading performance in lowest power envelope
    Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
    Enhanced NVIDIA graphics technology, enabling full Flash acceleration for an uncompromised HD web browsing experience
    Next generation 3D rendering performance for the most compelling user interfaces and advanced mobile games
    Full High Definition Multimedia
    Up to 1080p video encode/decode and support for HD Web streaming formats, such as YouTube HD
    Complete HW accelerated HD multimedia engine for visually stunning movie playback at lowest possible power
    NVIDIA Low Power Management Architecture
    Effective power management techniques, such as dynamic voltage and frequency scaling, for ultra-efficient power consumption across all use cases
    Low-power design delivers over 140 hours audio and over 16 hours of HD video playback
    Specifications
    Processor and Memory Subsystem
    Dual ARMŽ Cortex-A9 MPCore processors, Up to 1.0 GHz
    32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2
    Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics
    OpenGL ES 2.0
    Programmable pixel shader
    Programmable vertex and lighting
    2x 3D graphics performance of previous generation Tegra
    Full High Definition Multimedia
    1080p H.264/VC-1/MPEG-4 Video Decode
    1080p H.264 Video Encode
    Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
    Upgraded JPEG encode and decode acceleration
    Integrated Image Signal Processing
    Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
    Advanced imaging features (AWB, AF, AE, etc.)
    Display Subsystem
    True dual-display support
    Maximum display resolutions supported:
    1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
    WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
    UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
    NTSC/PAL TV output
    ^-----------------Want pls!
    argh!!! im so sick of everyone trying to catch up to the iphones this and that! and our pre community isnt helping by making themes that make our pres look like iphones, it doesnt make sense! i agree with everyone who says that we should one up apple, so what if they run the risk of losing some money, they will never be as big as apple if they dont try to.... HURRY UP AND GET US VIDEO CHAT!!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Apple never comes up with anything that leads in the technical side. Their strength is usability and the cool factor. So I don't think the spec is even close.

To compare hardware, you need to look at Nokia, Moto, and various Android phones.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    This is bull. These chips wont be out till the end of the year at the earliest, and they wont be used in phones until Summer 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So I stumbled across this article....
    Seeing how the Pre almost matched the 3GS in the hardware department (I think the only shortfall was the version of Power VR chip being used), I am really hoping Palm will use similar Hardware on the Pre 2, or whatever it might be called.
    A dual core cpu capable of 2 Ghz!
    Removable battery
    Twice the resolution and probably AMOLED
    5 MP camera
    Video chat
    If those really are the specs for the new iPhone, then the Apple ******* will feel invincible afterwards!

Please Palm...next CES....give us a Pre 2 on Sprint, and make it even better!
    my pre lacks a hardware compass, which i've already found annoying (my palm tells me out loud to do a u turn when I'm parked facing the right direction). not sure if the Plus has a compass. doubt it, since the housing looks the same.

my friend's iphone has 32 gb, and i have only 8. thats huge difference for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    enlighten us please.
    Apple has said over and over again that they will never do a removable battery or memory.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123