Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    My wife has a Blackberry. She always used to take pictures with it and email them to me on my Yahoo account. I was always able to open the jpg attachment. They would go in my Photos folder. However, since the new Web OS update, I am no longer able to view them. It states, "Cannot find an application which can open this file". Any clue as to what happened? I can still download pdf attachments and view them.
    Same problem here!! Please help (
    Please do a search before posting these questions, as they have been asked and answered before. That being said, here is a link to one such post (which, as it happens, was by me!).. http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2144912
    I had made a search, and found this topic where I asked for help not the one you linked. Thanks (anyway, this is still a bug to me)
    You can still download the pic (by pressing the attachment in the email but once it is fully downloaded, DO NOT OPEN VIA THE THUMBNAIL IN THE PROGRESS BAR). After you download it, scroll down and you should be able to see the picture further down in the email. Once it is downloaded, you can copy the picture to your Photos App by pressing the actual picture.

Also, if you send a jpg from your desktop and open it via your Pre, the handler does work correctly from the thumbnail progress bar.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    I had made a search, and found this topic where I asked for help not the one you linked. Thanks (anyway, this is still a bug to me)
    Of course the "please search" comment was directed at the OP not you, but your situation points out the problem that exists because people DON'T seach, namely the proliferation of threads on the same topic. As a result, the search function becomes less and less useful as you have no idea which of the many threads that a seach pulls up is the best one to post in. The real sad thing is that as this gets worse and worse, the people that do know the answers to people's issues stop posting at all in the main board as they get tired of repeating what has been asked and answered before. These people (if they participate at all) usually wind up in one of the sub boards were the folks who ask the same questions over and over without searching usually don't post and the knowlegable folks abandon the main board alltogether -- which is a shame. Happend with all the old Treo Boards and will, unfortunatly, probably happen here.

Search...learn it, live it, love it...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Please do a search before posting these questions, as they have been asked and answered before. That being said, here is a link to one such post (which, as it happens, was by me!).. http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2144912

I too had done a search for this before posting my question. Unfortunately, my search also did not come up with your earlier post. I even tried using different search terms. I guess a search function is only as good as what term you are using to search the info you want. The idiom of "garbage in = garbage out" applies to an extent.

Apologies for the repeat topic/thread. Thanks for the solution....