• $101 to $150

19 21.59%
  • $151 to $200

51 57.95%
  • > $200

14 15.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How much do you think the Pre Plus will be from Verizon with a 2 year contract?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Not enough choices But I'll vote anyway.
    Initially the price will be $200.00 plus for the pre plus on a two year plan and $150.00 plus for the pixi plus. I think the price will drop in a few months as the demand drops and the phones will need to compete with the other smart phones in their inventory. Verizon has never been cheap and they will have additional charges for text and data and whatever else they think they can nail you with. I can hardly wait to get my pre plus from verizon
    I can't wait to see how Verizon is gonna rape these new palm users. Their outlandish prices may hurt the progress of palm.

Got my popcorn. And just watching from the sidelines
    I'd be willing to bet they'll be priced about the same as the Pre was with Sprint. Around $300 up front with a $100 mail in rebate.
    No doubt verizon will rape their users with fees, but I seriously doubt they'll be able to charge more than 199 for the Pre and 149 for the Pixi. Might be after MIR but either way it won't be more than that. Best case scenario is they'll release the Pre for 149 and the pixi for 99 just to really get them flying off the shelves. Not to be sexist, but if the colored Pixi phones come out for 99, girls will be picking them up all over the place just like the centros. Though the centro was nothing special when it was released, the price point and colors were the perfect combination to get them to sell really well. The Pre on the other hand will be a hard sell for verizon because the high end users likely have already picked up a Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    I can't wait to see how Verizon is gonna rape these new palm users. Their outlandish prices may hurt the progress of palm.

Got my popcorn. And just watching from the sidelines
    Did it hurt droid sales?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Being on the largest network helps Palm.. not hurts it. And anyway I would expect Verizon to have customers who are more likely to buy a Palm product because they are willing to spend the money, it's a top tier brand.
    Count me in, 13 days left till my new Pre. I've already sold my 3GS and I'm using my 3G which really sucks but I'm ready!!
    Verizon is going to rape them with the EFT fee.
    I picked $150-$200 because I figure it will be $50 more than the Sprint Pre.
    I can't see them pricing it more than the Droid, likely put it the same with the Pixi $100 less.
    I actually just changed from being a 10yr Verizon customer, to Sprint on the 22nd of Dec. I knew well in advance that a Pre Plus was coming out, and that it most likely would be an increase in storage, didnt really think of double ram at the time (nor do I really care), and knew they'd probably increase the build quality. I was paying, $116.00 min. a month for the 450 plan, unlimited data and text,mms, etc. I went to Sprint and got 450 anytime, unlimited cell to cell, unlimited data, etc. plus corporate discount, for a fraction of the price I was paying at Verizon. The initial price of a phone, and this is just my situation and opinion, another 100 dollars, I dont want to say means nothing, but on a 2 yr. contract, paying 50+ more dollars a month X 24, is where I make my decision. If I had to pay $350 upfront for the phone at Sprint, it would still be a no brainer to me. Just letting people know to not lost sight of the long term cost/investment you're making because that's where it counts the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    I actually just changed from being a 10yr Verizon customer, to Sprint on the 22nd of Dec. I knew well in advance that a Pre Plus was coming out, and that it most likely would be an increase in storage, didnt really think of double ram at the time (nor do I really care), and knew they'd probably increase the build quality. I was paying, $116.00 min. a month for the 450 plan, unlimited data and text,mms, etc. I went to Sprint and got 450 anytime, unlimited cell to cell, unlimited data, etc. plus corporate discount, for a fraction of the price I was paying at Verizon. The initial price of a phone, and this is just my situation and opinion, another 100 dollars, I dont want to say means nothing, but on a 2 yr. contract, paying 50+ more dollars a month X 24, is where I make my decision. If I had to pay $350 upfront for the phone at Sprint, it would still be a no brainer to me. Just letting people know to not lost sight of the long term cost/investment you're making because that's where it counts the most.
    amen! I can't imagine leaving sprint. The cost of service is by far the best (other than maybe T-mobile and their crappy coverage). Having a family plan makes your cost per phone even less. I'm definitely happy Palm chose sprint as their launching ground and hope the Palm Pre 2 (or whatever it will be called) will come out on Sprint first as well.
    what do you think the no contract pricing will be. I would love to pick up a pre to use alongside my eris. I'm thinking around $560, similar to the droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MotionxxUSxx View Post
    what do you think the no contract pricing will be. I would love to pick up a pre to use alongside my eris. I'm thinking around $560, similar to the droid
    yea, I think 500-600 is pretty much standard for most smartphones these days with no contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotionxxUSxx View Post
    There's always the eBay option.

I have a friend who picked up anew Pre on Ebay in late July for around $330 and it's fully supported by Sprint as far as warranty and TEP go.
  18.    #18  
    I will be switching from AT&T after being with them for 10+ years. Verizon has great coverage in New England. I dont want to wait for AT&T and have personal reasons for being ready to move to Vz.

While waiting for Jan 25, I have already ordered a bunch of accessories - 2 stones, AC charger+cable, car charger+cable, 1400mAh Mugen battery, 2 wired headsets and 2 hybrid headsets - which will quickly pass my phone cost.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    There's no way they'll price it more than the Droid. I'm thinking it will be $150 and the Pixi will be $99.

I have a Droid now but I'm looking to pick the Pre up as a secondary phone to swap back and forth with my Droid. I'm hoping I'll be able to find one under $400 on ebay. Or I may sell my Droid to buy a Pre. But I don't really want to do that.
    I'm thinking 100-150 for the Pre, and the Pixi will be 50. Gotta give those customers incentive to add that 30/month data plan, right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast