Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Again.

Things look pretty interesting now and thought i'd see how the quality has improved, if any. Added a new line, got a Pre, at Radio Shack for 79. Best Buy has touchstone kits for 35 (good deal i thought).

Threw touchstone in car and its back to being much, much better than the iphone in terms of integrating with my BT stereo.

Tight slider, non-squeaky kb, buttons not as squishy. No evidence of dead pixels or splotches. Came with version 1.2 OS. Build date 11/2/09

I might knock the iphone down to lowest plan or cancel. Not decided. Pre only adds 15 a month for me.
    Awesome, enjoy!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Cardfan, would you mind sharing your build date( ##786# warranty date.) I'm becoming more and more convinced that the refinements in production includes a better chipset (same design but produced using an improved process.) The difference in performance between Pre's that I have used at the same time on the same OS update have been stark. Also do you plan on putting on trying any of the cpu patches? My last pre handled it well (newer build.) Neither my current refurb (5/20/09 warranty date) nor the wife's June unit could handle them. If you try out the 3D apps or any of the homebrew stuff let us know how it performs.

Thanks,
    How do you tell the build date? I got mine 2 days ago from BB, it came with 1.2, and there's deff a gap btw parts when it's closed, I get a little creaky creaky sound when I type with the virtual keyboard. It's no where near oreo yet, but I'm still afraid.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Go to the phone dial pad. Hit ##786#. BTW my early build is showing as hardware revision A. I wonder if the C40's that appeared in Sprint's system are Pre's with a hardware revision of C.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    WOW
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Okay, now stop complaining except for that lack of PALM marketing topic
    Bestbuy really has the touchtone kits for only $35? man, i need to hop on that, I have 2 pre's i can get the kit and an extra back for only 55! sweet

is that a sale or normal price?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    Bestbuy really has the touchtone kits for only $35? man, i need to hop on that, I have 2 pre's i can get the kit and an extra back for only 55! sweet

Beats me. The kit was priced at 41.99. BB guy said "oh and you get 20% off of that too." I took two.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Okay, now stop complaining except for that lack of PALM marketing topic
    The marketing couldn't get any worse. Way i see it, it's all uphill..lol
    hmm i'll have to check

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    hmm,
    I have to check BB too
    Humm....mine was 10/28/2009, so not far off, I've had no previous experience w/the pre so maybe, I'm just being paranoid about the slider/build quality.

Anyway the OS is amazing, and I bought the touchstone for 41.99 at best buy. Oh well, I'm not that peeved over 10 bucks. The kit is worth it for the nicer back plate alone.
    Welcome back! Not that you ever left...
    Sweet. Congratulations
    I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how far WebOS has come since launch. I think being away from the platform for a while would make the improvements seem bigger.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post

if you can't get to best buy, you can grab one here for 29.95 (+5 for shipping). mine just came in the mail. good stuff..

Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Kit and other Palm Accessories at Treo Gear.com
  17.    #17  
    The comeback isn't going too well. Turning the phone to the left, the screen wouldn't orientate without me swinging the phone up and down and tapping it a few times. Annoying after awhile. Doctored it, to make sure it wasn't something i did, but guess it was a hardware prob.

Took it back, exchanged for a new one. Immediately saw it has a gap at top right and right side and a slightly older warranty date of 10/30. KB a bit mushy compared to the "perfect" Pre (that wouldn't orientate) i reluctantly gave up. Radio shack dude was all alone with like 10 customers so i didn't bug him too much after he said all new Pre's have that gap (though i just had returned one that didn't..lol).

So what the heck. I'll give this one a go but have doubts now. Phone came with 1.2.1. Updated OS first thing. Palm Profile of course doesn't have all the apps i just put on previous device. No paid ones. It restored most of the free ones besides maybe two. It did restore my bookmarks for the browser. Redid Preware.

But again, that no full backup/restore thing already roars its ugly head for me. As did my problems with hardware previously. I can only imagine if i had 100's of apps, what a nightmare it would be. Even with the few i had, i had to remember what i had..no list of purchased apps to bring up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I had a dream last night about the keyboard and screen of my Pre detaching from one another.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    if you can't get to best buy, you can grab one here for 29.95 (+5 for shipping). mine just came in the mail. good stuff..

Palm Pre Touchstone Charging Kit and other Palm Accessories at Treo Gear.com
    thanks, just ordered one!
    welcome back cardfan. I think you'll end up staying with the Pre this time!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast