Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering did a search on the forums and didnt find anything, If theres already a post similar please point me to it. I was looking at the video of the iphone doing unreal3 looks great. What i wanted to know with a still untapped gpu on the pre. Does the palmpre have the hardware to do the same thing and or capable?-
  2. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #2  
    It can, if you keep in mind the mobile Unreal 3 engine looks nothing like its big brother...
  3. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    It can, if you keep in mind the mobile Unreal 3 engine looks nothing like its big brother...
    If it was anything like its big brother no mobile device could run it
  4. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    If it was anything like its big brother no mobile device could run it
    Then why call it a Unreal 3 engine....
  5. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Then why call it a Unreal 3 engine....
    IDK maybe because every game developer on the planet knows of UE3
  6. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    IDK maybe because every game developer on the planet knows of UE3
    Exactly, not because it's actually anything like the Unreal 3 engine.
  7. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    really
  8.    #8  
    hahahahahaha LMAO
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Exactly, not because it's actually anything like the Unreal 3 engine.

    +1
    omfg... Too funny..
  10. #10  
    Yes it can. The Pre and the iPhone 3GS share VERY similar hardware.
  11. #11  
    helidos, bruba, please continue prodding each other with smiles, I love it.
  12. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    helidos, bruba, please continue prodding each other with smiles, I love it.
    Not as much as I love you
  13. #13  
    The only mobile chipset that can run Unreal 3 anything like it is suppose to is the Tegra 2.
  14. #14  
    I want to know if the PalmPre can use the "engine" powering the Serious Sam series! The "serious engine"?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The only mobile chipset that can run Unreal 3 anything like it is suppose to is the Tegra 2.
    Or the TI OMAP 4440: "1+ GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore + PowerVR SGX 540 GPU"
  16. #16  
    The iphone can....



    So maybe the Pre can too now?
  17. ZDriver's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #17  
    Specs of the ARM A9 do sound amazing, now we need a nuclear battery, talk time 3,000,000 hours standby 9,000,000 come on Palm please bring us the first nuclear powered smart phone!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    Specs of the ARM A9 do sound amazing, now we need a nuclear battery, talk time 3,000,000 hours standby 9,000,000 come on Palm please bring us the first nuclear powered smart phone!!
    You want to pump even MORE radiation through your head
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive

Posting Permissions