Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We had a lot of great news come out of the CES. I will not repeat them here, but I have noticed since the new 3D games came out we have not heard much app wise since. I think they are going to blow us away with the next upgrade (in Feb.) and we will see all kinds of new exciting apps. I think they want to get Verizon a full blown smart phone with all the goodies when it hits their stores...what do you guys/gals think?
    Yeah, I think our Pre will be alot different in about 3 weeks or so.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I heard we are getting an external blu-ray drive that snaps onto the back available as an OTA update.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    I heard we are getting an external blu-ray drive that snaps onto the back available as an OTA update.
    NO it doesn't snap on god get your facts right.. The update enables the internal mini slot drive that plays mini blu-ray disks ( newest thing from sony ). We also are getting the ability to lag the pre like we have never seen before I for one can't wait!!
    There's Mobile World Congress coming up in February. Maybe some new news there?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    There's Mobile World Congress coming up in February. Maybe some new news there?
    Yeah, paid apps in March...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    NO it doesn't snap on god get your facts right.. The update enables the internal mini slot drive that plays mini blu-ray disks ( newest thing from sony ). We also are getting the ability to lag the pre like we have never seen before I for one can't wait!!
    I heard that, although I think I'll hold out for the cerebral neural link that allows 10x cpu acceleration. That way the virtual games sent between your phone and your synapses will not lag due to the blu-ray update. (I heard they're even trying to do this ota! Can you imagine that!?!) Of course that's only assuming the retro-fit the GPU with the phenomenological interface, patching directly into webOS. Heterophenomenological transfers, as we all know, are still out of reach, but we can always dream, can't we?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  8.    #8  
    Man...you guys are harsh! Sorry if my post was an open call for complete sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Man...you guys are harsh! Sorry if my post was an open call for complete sarcasm.
    Ok.. this made me chuckle. You never know what will happen in the forums on a work day!
    We had a lot of great news come out of the CES. I will not repeat them here, but I have noticed since the new 3D games came out we have not heard much app wise since. I think they are going to blow us away with the next upgrade (in Feb.) and we will see all kinds of new exciting apps. I think they want to get Verizon a full blown smart phone with all the goodies when it hits their stores...what do you guys/gals think?
    I had predicted 2000 apps by the end of the month, but I'm going to change that to February (to be technical, I never said the end of which month...). OK for anyone that wants to nit-pick, I will say 2k apps by the end of Feb 2010.
    Geeks
    i think it will be just like the last update but with a bigger number and more features
    Of course the main points of each update (eg Flash & Video capture/edit) are exciting, but I am more excited by the little changes that will undoubtedly happen and probably won't be committed to the official changelog - you know, the little tweaks that just make things more polished. That's what I'm looking forward to
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ...OK for anyone that wants to nit-pick, I will say 2k apps by the end of Feb 2010.
    If you are counting the hundreds of "crap" applications from Brighthouse Labs... then very possible. If you take out that junk, then no way.
    honestly i think palm should remove brighthouse from the catalog even at the cost of some apps
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok, I might better appolgize for my dark humor right away but here it goes...

"When we said Europe would get a full App Catalog in 1.4 we didnt mean all of Europe. We just meant the four countries in Europe we actually trade with. So to all those fans that bought a unlocked Pre for use elsewhere *SURPRISE*"
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Ok, I might better appolgize for my dark humor right away but here it goes...

"When we said Europe would get a full App Catalog in 1.4 we didnt mean all of Europe. We just meant the four countries in Europe we actually trade with. So to all those fans that bought a unlocked Pre for use elsewhere *SURPRISE*"
    makes sense they are only catering to the majority which while it seems messed up palm cant afford to work on anything they dont have a major stake in
    Don't take it personally. Just been a long day, and I am pumped for that neural interface.

Seriously, I can't wait to see the apps they release with the update. And with Palm releasing the PDK at the GDC in March, we're really going to see an explosion. Really, tell me what the iphone now has that pre does not. Voice dialing? Oooooooo, big deal breaker there.
    Can anyone honestly see themselves using any other OS in the future? I think Palm's move to Verizon is huge. It'll keep them going and give us more webOS devices in the future as Palm continues to grow.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Nice. While we're at it, can we go ahead and get the PS9 too?
    no thats sony palm is making theyre own game system just for pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast