1.    #1  
    Sometimes while I am talking to another person on the Pre they cannot interrupt me while I am talking almost like on a walkie talkie. The person on the other end will want speak to interrupt me, but it isn't coming out of the earpiece on my Pre.

Several of my family members say they start yelling funny things to get me to stop, but it is not coming out on my end. It is getting embarrassing. My family is getting mad and telling me to switch phones.

This not happening on every call so it is hard to troubleshoot. I started another thread before about it being a delay, but after testing it, that isn't the problem. I don't know if there is a hardware issue with my phone or what? I don't have any Patches, but have some Homebrew Apps. I did have Tethering, but deleted it. One friend suggested that since it is a smart phone I need to reboot more often.
    Last edited by SirRob94; 01/12/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Mine would get stuck in headset mode, I could talk but couldn't hear the person on the other side. I just plugged and unplugged the headset a few times until it would work, then I cleaned the jack with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
    I know with most Cell phones if your making noise constantly it won't receive sound, but I mean you'd have to have a really problem with not stopping to even take a breath...

If you completely stop talking can you hear them or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    Sometimes while I am talking to another person on the Pre they cannot interrupt me while I am talking almost like on a walkie talkie. The person on the other end will want speak to interrupt me, but it isn't coming out of the earpiece on my Pre.

Several of my family members say they start yelling funny things to get me to stop, but it is not coming out on my end. It is getting embarrassing. My family is getting mad and telling me to switch phones.

This not happening on every call so it is hard to troubleshoot. I started another thread before about it being a delay, but after testing it, that isn't the problem. I don't know if there is a hardware issue with my phone or what? I don't have any Patches, but have some Homebrew Apps. I did have Tethering, but deleted it. One friend suggested that since it is a smart phone I need to reboot more often.
    you know its rude to interrupt another person. maybe they shouldnt be trying to interrupt you. just a thought ... lol.

But more seriously i would consider the headset jack issue
    You could have a bad earpiece speaker. but theres no way to troubleshoot that without opening the phone.

the last question that alex.bodek asked i think is the most relevant in determining if its a hardware, earpiece problem, or a headset jack problem.
  5.    #5  
    It is weird because it is intermittent in the sense that some calls this happens and others it doesn't. The other day it happened twice with my boss. He had a customer so he said he said my name loudly three times and then just hung up on me. The only way I knew he hung up was that I looked down to see why he didn't respond and noticed that it wasn't connected. I didn't hear a click or anything that usually accompanies someone hanging up.

So we tried a test with me in one room and him in another and I quickly went "ABCD..." and told him to stop me at some point. The alphabet is usually said without pause. It worked fine though. He said "you need to get that fixed or get a new phone".

So the point is that it doesn't happen every call. It has for me to answer in one or two words instead of sentences so I don't overtalk people.

Is there a way to tell when it is in headset mode?
    I doubt it's in headset mode from what you're saying... nbut when a headset is plugged in the speaker icon changes.. For that fact if it was in headset mode the speaker would never work as long it's in that mode.

sounds more like a faulty earpiece. Switch phones. Pronblem fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post

i dont find that weird i cant hear anyone normally while im talking