Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Somehow, in getting ready for the 1.3.5.1 update, I managed to incorrectly uninstall a patch. It's the patch allowing for added launcher pages. I tired using EPR but that did not help.

    So, I backed up my data on my phone (pix and tunes) and decided I'd visit the Doctor. Doctor ran but did not clean slate my phone. I still had all my music and pix. Odd, I thought. Then I checked the launcher and noted that I still had extra launcher pages.

    Since there is not repair utility currently for 1.3.5, I figured I'd doctor to 1.3.1. Still have multiple launcher pages. I then tried and scanned with WebOS repair utility 1.8. It found no problems with the phone. Any ideas what I can do at this point?
  2. Saundra23's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #2  
    In order to fully erase that patch .. u needed to delete the page you added first..

    There is no problems if you delete the patch and leave the page though , you can always re-install it and delete the page or leave it like you have it now..(you just won;t be able to delete the extra page .. or add new ones .. without installing th patch again)

    PS.. i'm speaking from my own experience.. not because i'm a master @ this or anything... :O/
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterchicken View Post
    Somehow, in getting ready for the 1.3.5.1 update, I managed to incorrectly uninstall a patch. It's the patch allowing for added launcher pages. I tired using EPR but that did not help.

    So, I backed up my data on my phone (pix and tunes) and decided I'd visit the Doctor. Doctor ran but did not clean slate my phone. I still had all my music and pix. Odd, I thought. Then I checked the launcher and noted that I still had extra launcher pages.

    Since there is not repair utility currently for 1.3.5, I figured I'd doctor to 1.3.1. Still have multiple launcher pages. I then tried and scanned with WebOS repair utility 1.8. It found no problems with the phone. Any ideas what I can do at this point?
    If you are looking to uninstall and properly reinstall any patch that is not working, whether it got messed up or was not removed prior to installing an update, do the following:
    Start QuickInstall and go to Device Management. Your patches should show up under Applications. Check the bo next to the patch you want to remove, and click Remove. You will see big error messages come up. Don't worry about them, just click ok. Once everything has been removed, reboot your pre. You should then be able to properly reinstall your patches. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4. #4  
    either reinstall the patch and THEN remove the additional pages or you can do a full erase from within the device under "Reset options." Full erase will erase the USB side as well as the OS side.

    Your choice. Personally, if the launcher pages is your only problem, I'd just reinstall the patch, remove the pages and then uninstall the patch.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for your answers.
  6. #6  
    can someone explain to me how to run webos docter
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebellinos123 View Post
    can someone explain to me how to run webos docter
    Really man, if you don't have the ambition to figure something like webOS doctor out on your own, you really have no business messing with patches or anything else. Time to do a little research and familiarize yourself with you phone. Tough love, I know. But it'll help you in the long run.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Really man, if you don't have the ambition to figure something like webOS doctor out on your own, you really have no business messing with patches or anything else. Time to do a little research and familiarize yourself with you phone. Tough love, I know. But it'll help you in the long run.
    Not a good response. I have been searching for an official or stickied "How to Doctor your Pre" thread, but have not found it. Sure, there are plenty of stickies on how to install patches, themes, and complaints, etc..... but nothing on the serious issue of how to doctor. But maybe it's just the lame search function on precental.
    If it's not frozen, don't try and thaw it.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenLoad View Post
    Not a good response. I have been searching for an official or stickied "How to Doctor your Pre" thread, but have not found it. Sure, there are plenty of stickies on how to install patches, themes, and complaints, etc..... but nothing on the serious issue of how to doctor. But maybe it's just the lame search function on precental.
    Here's one I found. Using the webOS Doctor
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10. #10  
    keep in mind that webOS Doctor is a Palm application, so there is lots of good info on the Palm.com support page.

    Doctor is one of the coolest things about webOS, because Palm understood the need for a do-over if something gets borked on your phone. Sort of like how we have to wipe a PC and re-install windows every year... so Palm understood that and made it safe/easy by creating such a wonderful utility.

Posting Permissions