1.    #1  
    Dear Palm,

I know there are many things us Pre users complain about (myself included) but I'd like to thank you for all of the things you ARE doing like:

1. Creating one of the baddest phones on the planet!
    2. Consistently sending out firmware updates which shows you care.
    3. Addressing many of the issues on this list with the help of our awesome Homebrew crew!
    4. Laying the groundwork for 3D gaming!

There are still many MAJOR features we ALL want like:

1. Visual Voicemail
    2. Voice Dialing
    3. Voice Recording/Memos
    4. Voice/Live Search
    5. Video Recording (I know, coming soon! )
    6. TRUE Universal Search (including emails, photos, calendar, etc.)
    7. BETTER BATTERY LIFE! (Oh yeah, that's not a feature, sorry.)

But I just wanted to let you know most of us are VERY happy with the phone and the progress you are making. We believe you want/NEED the phone to be as great as it can be... just like we do!

Sincerely,

Palm Pre Enthusiast
    Last edited by sjamie; 01/12/2010 at 06:07 PM.
    I second that thought.
    ***signed***
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    visual voicemail would be shweet!
    MSN Messenger please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that can't be too difficult to integrate??

But thanks for the update. 1.3.5.2 was ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    visual voicemail would be shweet!
    So go install it.

It's been available for some time using google voice, with either an app from th catalog or simply your email (my preferred method when using google voice)

If you don't have a google voice account, and are not willing to wait around for one, take a look at the YouView beta app. Actually works MUCH better than any of the google voice apps if all you want is the visual voicemail, and anybody can sign up immediately for the service it uses.
  7.    #7  
    However, the main problem with apps like gdial pro & You View is your message plays through the back speaker on the phone and not through the ear piece. Plus the volume is very low. Palm has not *fully* opened up the phone to developers yet. Yes, it is visual voicemail but not like we want it to be. These apps are a good start in the right direction but native integration would be much better. If you've ever used visual voicemail on a Samsung Instinct or an iPhone, you know what we mean.
    I second (or third) the Voice Dial and Calendar Search!
    I agree with most everything on this list, except: please, Palm, do _not_ add everything and the kitchen sink to Universal Search. I like how fast it is, and how it returns _actionable_ results. I really wouldn't want contacts and app results cluttered with email, calendar, tasks, etc.

Normally, when I want to search those, I know it and can easily open the app and utilize their built-in searching. Of course, some apps need search added, such as the Calendar app, but I'd much rather see them added as standalone search.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I agree with most everything on this list, except: please, Palm, do _not_ add everything and the kitchen sink to Universal Search. I like how fast it is, and how it returns _actionable_ results. I really wouldn't want contacts and app results cluttered with email, calendar, tasks, etc.

Normally, when I want to search those, I know it and can easily open the app and utilize their built-in searching. Of course, some apps need search added, such as the Calendar app, but I'd much rather see them added as standalone search.
    Ditto that
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Dear Palm,

I know there are many things us Pre users complain about (myself included) but I'd like to thank you for all of the things you ARE doing like:

1. Creating one of the baddest phones on the planet!
    2. Consistently sending out firmware updates which shows you care.
    3. Addressing many of the issues on this list with the help of our awesome Homebrew crew!
    4. Laying the groundwork for 3D gaming!

There are still many MAJOR features we ALL want like:

1. Visual Voicemail
    2. Voice Dialing
    3. Voice Recording/Memos
    4. Voice/Live Search
    5. Video Recording (I know, coming soon! )
    6. TRUE Universal Search (including emails, photos, calendar, etc.)
    7. BETTER BATTERY LIFE! (Oh yeah, that's not a feature, sorry.)

But I just wanted to let you know most of us are VERY happy with the phone and the progress you are making. We believe you want/NEED the phone to be as great as it can be... just like we do!

Sincerely,

Palm Pre Enthusiast
    I agree.
    What a refreshing post!!! Thanks!
    I'd like to add:

Thanks for the:
    1. Bluetooth tethering in GSM Pre with 1.3.5.2
    2. Synergy - it really has brought my contact & calendar management to a new level
    3. Universal search
    4. For not being Apple and supporting the homebrew community!

And in addition, what I'd love to see:
    1. PalmOS style PIM speed and functionality
    2. Opening up app catalog to GSM users (worldwide, not just the supported countries)
    3. Both Voice & Call recording (I know video is coming, so that's not an issue anymore!)

Thanks Palm!