1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, if I was able to by my hands on the Verizon Palm Pre Plus in the future would it be able to work on sprints network?

Thanks,

Ken
    If it's GSM unlocked version, no problem, but CDMA version, do Sprint surport you?
    I'm not sure what liaoduan is going on about. Sprint and VZW are both CDMA.

Could it work? Technically yes. The question will be if Sprint will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm not sure what liaoduan is going on about. Sprint and VZW are both CDMA.

Could it work? Technically yes. The question will be if Sprint will do it.
    Yep. It all depends if Sprint wants to be nice and allow the Verizon ESN on their network.
    I bet sprint would allow it, they're not the one with the exclusivity contract. It'll probably pop over to sprint a few months after the 25th anyway. The only problem being you'll have to pay the full value of the phone if you want to get it away from Verizon without a contract.
    Sprint is pretty cool about that kinda stuff considering that they want to keep their customers and they have more to worry about than Verizon in regards to retaining customers.

In regards to the GSM realm, T-Mobile is fantastic when it comes to signing on with them with phones that are not originally endorsed by them. They actually encourage people to move their iPhones to their network but in a very subtle-wording kinda way.
    Sprint almost never allows this. Technically, yes it should work (both are CDMA). But if the ESN on the phone is not Sprints, it's almost immediately a no-go (at least per Sprints history with non-Sprint ESN's).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Other issue if you even get Sprint to activate it I wouldnt think the Vz nav software would work and Sprints wouldnt be installed on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Other issue if you even get Sprint to activate it I wouldnt think the Vz nav software would work and Sprints wouldnt be installed on the phone.
    That's is true, but it's easy to fix. Just have to mod a WebOS Doctor...
    wouldn't we be able just to install the webos doctor from sprint to the verizon phone to fix the navigation issues and such.
    Even if you can switch the Pre Plus to Sprint, there is one more problem, Verizon raised their ETF for smartphones from $175 to $350, ouch.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    wouldn't we be able just to install the webos doctor from sprint to the verizon phone to fix the navigation issues and such.
    webos dr for sprint pre will probably not work for a vz plus
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    webos dr for sprint pre will probably not work for a vz plus
    Not a standard WebOS Doctor, but a modded one would most likely work. The main problem is still the ESN.
    yap if they can make the esn work I'm sure it will be a matter of days to modd the doctor to work on Sprint. I wont to it cause its to much for for very little gain, It would have to be a bigger screen for me to mess with it that much but it was just a thought. How did the europeans use our Sprint 1.3.5 doctor on theirs.