1.    #1  
    Hey Guys!

I have to doctor my frozen 1.3.5.2 GSM Pre. Is there a Webos Doctor Version for my german GSM Pre or do i have to use the 1.3.1 Doctor Version?

Kind regards, blind4x
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    doctored my phone twice today (first because i had the english 1.3.5,second time was something stupid i did)

used 1.3.1 both times.

what you could do is go to the palm website, and search for webOsdoctor, then download from there (you have to remove the battery to get you serial number) i should have done that too, but was a little busy and just flashed with 1.3.1, would be faster to just flash 1.3.5.2 when it's available, because updating takes forever...
  3.    #3  
    thanks! are you sure they have 1.3.5.2 doctor on their website?
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    Has anybody found this version yet as I also need it, couldn't see it on the Palm site.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.2 for Europe is still not Availabe yet ...
    Normally it will be availabe after 2-3 Days from releasing.

Please check this Palm web page frequently to stay tuned when its availabe:
    https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...nal/Home&sp=49

For Fast and Direct Download check WebOS-Internals Web Page:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Still not available...but I guess I'll wait anyway for 1.4
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Perhaps they wont even make one since it not many megabytes to download?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Not many? It's a complete build, not an update.
    Sorry, I meant that 1.3.5.2 is just 12mb to download so maybe they stick with the 1.3.1 doctor and let people do OTA update once doctored to get to 1.3.5.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Sorry, I meant that 1.3.5.2 is just 12mb to download so maybe they stick with the 1.3.1 doctor and let people do OTA update once doctored to get to 1.3.5.2?
    Palm only releases doctor for big version changes, not small incremental ones.

There will be a 1.3.5 Doctor soon, but not a "1.3.5.2 Doctor".

Once doctored to 1.3.5, you will probably receive an OTA to 1.3.5.2

But then again, 1.3.5.2 was released straight away, not 1.3.5, then 1.3.5.2, so we well have to see.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    So if I have installed 1.3.5.2 but am experiencing issues, is it ok to use <webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar> which is for version 1.3.1 (Pre) ...according to Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals ?

Will it work with 1.3.5.2?

If so, am I right in guessing it will simply install 1.3.1 on my Pre?
    If not, any suggestions ?
    Well FWIW I doctored my Pre back to 1.3.1 and then updated it OTA to 1.3.5.2
    It didn't take that long. No issue other than the App Catalog one.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Is it ok to use the "O2 Germany, UK and Ireland / Movistar Spain" version for an unlocked GSM Pre?

My Pre didn't last long - first it lost the GSM radio and now it doesn't boot up any more. :-(

Edit: I tried to recover the phone using the O2... 1.3.5.2 version of WebOS Doctor, but it failed after some 58% and told me to contact palm. I tried again, same result.

I can't even download WebOS Doctor from the Palm website because it doesn't like the serial number of my Pre.

I also tried v1.3.1, same result - "We were unable to reset your phone". The checksums of the files are ok.

I left the phone to charge overnight and in the morning the battery was empty. It seems it doesn't really charge the battery when the software is not running normally. Now I can't even get into the USB mode (if I try, it just shows me a large empty battery symbol). I can't figure out how to recharge he battery now that the phone is dead.

I'll have to phone replaced. Hope the next one works better..
    Last edited by jmpre; 01/20/2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    does not work anymore.
    seem like Palm remove the files for 1.3.5.2

any mirror?
    please help..