Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    With video recording on its way, I wonder if Palm will include some direct-to-youtube uploading abilities. It seems to make a lot of sense. If not, I just came across a neat little python script that does it:

    Readme - youtube-upload - Project Hosting on Google Code

    I just tested it out on my linux server, and it worked great with avi and flv files. So, if palm doesn't include this functionality, it seems that it could be included by some of the great minds around these forums.

    Thoughts?
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

    Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

    Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
  2. #2  
    it was announced we'll have upload capabilities through the camera app
  3. #3  
    Yes, when you click upload you will be given an option to upload directly to youtube.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    it was announced we'll have upload capabilities through the camera app
    Ahh, sorry, missed that part.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

    Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

    Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
  5. #5  
    upload to facebook will also be available.
  6. #6  
    for what I heard they going to add an upload video system too but for now if I'm not wrong , you can't send videos with palm pre upload system, but you can download the pixelpipe app in the homebrews or app store ... You can upload pics,videos or any doc with this app!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    for what I heard they going to add an upload video system too but for now if I'm not wrong , you can't send videos with palm pre upload system, but you can download the pixelpipe app in the homebrews or app store ... You can upload pics,videos or any doc with this app!
    You can email vids to your Youtube account or your Facebook account. Youtube and Facebook both supply every user with a unique address. Add this address as an email contact on your Pre and you can upload the vids directly (this also allows you to add a caption to your upload: Use the subject line)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. #8  
    will it have the Palm pre or webOS signature thing like videos uploaded from an iphone and android?
  9. #9  
    I've never seen any signature on the vids. Then again, I've never paid any attention either. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10. #10  
    Watch the CES presentation video, they actually show the functionality, its wild. It even goes an extra step. After you upload to youtube it gives you the option of sharing the link on facebook and twitter. Totally wild!
  11. #11  
    Uploading directly to your ex's phone would be a great option as well for those that had a nasty break up.

    But I suppose that's off topic a bit.

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You can email vids to your Youtube account or your Facebook account. Youtube and Facebook both supply every user with a unique address. Add this address as an email contact on your Pre and you can upload the vids directly (this also allows you to add a caption to your upload: Use the subject line)
    O YEAH ,i forget about that.. thanks!
  13. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You can email vids to your Youtube account or your Facebook account. Youtube and Facebook both supply every user with a unique address. Add this address as an email contact on your Pre and you can upload the vids directly (this also allows you to add a caption to your upload: Use the subject line)
    I've found this to be the easiest way to do it now. And you can upload more than 1 pic at a time and whatever you type in the subject line of the email will be the caption for all pics uploaded. I'd guess/hope the same would be true for video upload.
  14. #14  
    I guess this is just nit picky but I don't understand why we can't upload a pic on fb with a caption other than the email way. Oversight by palm or is something holding them back?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I guess this is just nit picky but I don't understand why we can't upload a pic on fb with a caption other than the email way. Oversight by palm or is something holding them back?
    You can also use the Facebook app from Palm to upload a picture with a caption. I think the other FB clients for WebOS offer this as well... really the only way that doesn't give this option is the upload from photos app.
  16. #16  
    On the Desktop

    To find your unique upload address from your desktop computer, just follow these instructions:
    Sign in to YouTube from your computer.
    Click "Account" in the upper right corner.
    Click "Mobile Settings" to find your address.
    You can also visit this page if you'd like to get a different upload address.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I guess this is just nit picky but I don't understand why we can't upload a pic on fb with a caption other than the email way. Oversight by palm or is something holding them back?
    my pre allow me to upload pics directly to my fb account,without any complications. My space,twitter,i believe u would have to via mms or a email. In time we will be saying palm is the best. patience
  18. lexflo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #18  
    Another cool feature they spoke of was that it will upload in the background and notify you when the upload is completed... hotness!
  19. #19  
    U-Stream? id really like to use this service..i wonder if it will work with the update.

Posting Permissions