Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Yes!

how?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    make your Pre visible in bluetooth settings and search for it with your PC/notebook.

Il will discover also a Bluetooth PAN device.....

Not wanting to overstate this but to prevent dissapointment from other O2 - UK users, it doesn't work for us.

You can pair the Pre with your PC over the PAN but traffic gets blocked by the network. You get a notification saying your account doesn't allow connection sharing and to contact O2 (yeah, right!).
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    XREF:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...h-profile.html

Very cool, but I'm sticking with Sprint firmware until they start simshipping consistently. I want 1.4 as soon as it lands, not 1/2/3 months later.
    Agreed
    I want to see if 1.4 will come out the same time. If so I will redoctor to EU version.
    Vas
    I can't even connect to my pre via bluetooth. Just doesn't respond.
    Yeah, the Sprint release supports the PAN profile, but as soon as you try to route data through it (unless using a tether program) it gives you an error message.

Is this different on the European version?
    European webOS 1.3.5.2 Adds Bluetooth Tethering

Ahahaha!!! GSM wins!!! Suck it CDMA sprinters!!!
    Ahahahaha!
    ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajborley View Post
    European webOS 1.3.5.2 Adds Bluetooth Tethering

Ahahaha!!! GSM wins!!! Suck it CDMA sprinters!!!
    Ahahahaha!
    ;-)
    So how are those Paid apps?

(Sorry, that was mean, I know. Hopefully we will all be in parity by March.)
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    here is a little step by step method for connecting bluetooth internet tethering via PAN.
    turn on bluetooth services on both the pre and your computer
    Have each device as discoverable
    if your computer does not automatically detect your pre you need to use your computer's bluetooth software to enter your pre's identification code otained from the launcher in your PRe under =====Device info >More info >Hardware >Bluetooth and enter the code next to bluetooth which should be in a format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

this code should then be entered on your computers to search for your Pre which will be identified as User name's Pre to the computer and Pair the two devices.The Pre's security code by default appears to be 0000.

Give the computer and pre a few seconds and they should pair up and be ready to go once of course your mobile provider allows tethering.Remember your need to turn off wifi and your other LAN connection if your computer was connected to the internet
    Does anyone know O2's policy on tethering? I assume they don't allow it for free but thought I'd double check.
    They allow it. At least in germany.
    I think the Czech O2 does the same. Many people here use their phones as a modems. I can also confirm that the Pre Bluetooth tethering works great on the Czech Vodafone.
    Works like a charm on my german pre in Denmark - this is great, very usefull for me!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully connected to another bluetooth PAN, e.g. a Belkin Bluetooth Access Point?

I have one of these and while I could connect easily with my PalmOS devices, I can't get my Pre to see it at all.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    They allow it. At least in germany.
    confirm. O2 germany has nothing against tethering
    DONE. :-) :-)

OK, and how about the WIFI tethering? :-D
    Will that come with 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Not wanting to overstate this but to prevent dissapointment from other O2 - UK users, it doesn't work for us.

You can pair the Pre with your PC over the PAN but traffic gets blocked by the network. You get a notification saying your account doesn't allow connection sharing and to contact O2 (yeah, right!).
    Really? I had no problems last night when I tried it....
    Don't get it, can you only connect it with your PC or with any other mobile phone as well?