Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It is useless, just swipe up, the button was useless and they got rid of it so now we need to get rid of this so I can have another app on my homescreen.
    Agreed. The only time I used the icon was when I first got my Pre 7 months ago lol. There's probably a patch for that somewhere. I'll look around for it once the coffee is made. If I can't find it I'll search though some code
    Yeah I don't get it either. I never use it and it just sits there taking up space.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    They should at least give you the option to move it.
    I personally like it. It's easier just to push it than swipe up, but the option for those who don't want it would be nice.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Remove it. I'd like to see the space used for an icon of choice.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Make it optional, if someone drags a fifth application on there it disappears, if there are only 4 apps or less, it is visible.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    When you swipe up, to get the launcher page, how do you get it back hidden, other than the launcher button?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    You swipe up again.
    Yup. Both are redundant, and can go away. I concur :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    When you swipe up, to get the launcher page, how do you get it back hidden, other than the launcher button?
    Swipe left
    I love the button. And the launcher icon. Oh well times are changing.
    I still plan on looking into this. Unfortunately, I'm still in a battle with dual-booting Ubuntu on my laptop lol. Every time I load it up, i get a kernal error As Soon as I get this problem solved, I'll look into the launcher icon removal...
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I personally like it. It's easier just to push it than swipe up, but the option for those who don't want it would be nice.
    Agree!
    launcher icon removal would be excellent and would compliment my hidden launcher bar very well indeed! GO WAVE!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I hid my launcher bar a long time ago. The only time it's visible is when I'm actually launching something.
    Personally, I like both the center button and the launcher icon. When I have my Pre in my dashboard mount in the car, the swipe up gesture is awkward. Pushing the button and tapping the launcher icon are just more comfortable for where I have that mount.

Can definitely understand people not wanting them though. Redundant for those who only use the device in an orientation where the swipe up gesture remains comfortable.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    I'd like it if holding down the button for a split second would cue the launcher. Click it to make it disappear.
    there's a patch for that, I've had it for quite some time and love having my whole screen
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    Make it optional, if someone drags a fifth application on there it disappears, if there are only 4 apps or less, it is visible.
    This is an elegant solution. I like it.

The user would need to be informed why it's disappeared and how to get it back, at least the first time they do it.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast