Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    Make it optional, if someone drags a fifth application on there it disappears, if there are only 4 apps or less, it is visible.
    Agreed, this is the behavior I'd like to see.
    yea, getting rid of it altogehter would be stupid. Give us the option, some like it, some don't. I don't use it all the time, but I don't want to be forced into it going away.
    I use it when I am already in an app and want to get to the launcher pages, using the wave bar. This is just one gesture instead of two. (swipe up to get to card view, then another swipe to open the launcher pages, compared to wave bar -> launcher pages.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I personally like it. It's easier just to push it than swipe up, but the option for those who don't want it would be nice.
    I like it too. I'm used to pressing icons and I like the way it looks.
    well I use it alot especially when using the wave when I am in an app. Its much quicker than swiping up twice to minimize and then to bring up the launcher. With that said, Palm should let people decide for themselves if they want the launcher icon in the quick launch area.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    there's a patch for that, I've had it for quite some time and love having my whole screen
    They are talking about the launcher Icon on the launch bar not the bar itself!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

how awesome would it be if you could get to the internet without having to go to the launcher page first? It should be an option right alongside calendar/email etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    how awesome would it be if you could get to the internet without having to go to the launcher page first? It should be an option right alongside calendar/email etc.
    My sarcasm meter is broken.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    If someone might work on this...can they also see if the center button can be used to initiate the call app. Then we'd have a use for the button and free up the phone icon on the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    If someone might work on this...can they also see if the center button can be used to initiate the call app. Then we'd have a use for the button and free up the phone icon on the launcher.
    What IF...you are getting at something. Can anybody make that launcher icon be changed to something else besides opening the launcher? Is that possible given the tools necessary?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'd really be bummed to see the button go. Not only do I like it for instantly dismissing notifications, I also use it all the time to immediately orient it in my hand for no-look, one-handed opening. Not only that, but I bet developers will come up with some great patches for it that would be nice to activate without having to look for little embedded lights without eyeglasses, etc.

Sheesh. I hope there will always be a hardware version available with the button.

Oh, and yeah, I LIKE the idea of optional uses for the launcher icon.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Have you tried just typing the address of the site you're intending to visit on the Internet?
    Universal search will assume an website is being keyed in once you press the first period in the charatcer string
    How many people do ya all think are out there who have no idea of everything WebOS does? I almost have to wonder what I a clueless about. Bought on 6/6 I now refer to it as my 'left hemisphere', but I am sure I may be missing something. Also kcw, you can also replace one of the quick launch icons with the web, besides universal search...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Have you tried just typing the address of the site you're intending to visit on the Internet?
    Universal search will assume an website is being keyed in once you press the first period in the charatcer string
    Yessss but what if I would rather just tap the screen twice (web icon, then bookmark icon) instead of sliding open the slider and keying in a string of letters? Especially if it's a site I visit a lot it's just easier to not have to type in the address. I mean really now. Anyway I don't think there's much debate as to how useless and redundant that launcher icon is, just like the silver button.
    well your saying two taps..so try this....go to your page you want..from the browser app menu add the page to launcher..next slide the page into your launcher menu...web page in one tap

i do this for my web based gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    well your saying two taps..so try this....go to your page you want..from the browser app menu add the page to launcher..next slide the page into your launcher menu...web page in one tap

i do this for my web based gmail
    Why don't you just add the gmail account into the email application? You can get instant notification of emails, and does everything the email application can do. Synergy is amazing.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    I happen to like the button... lol

Am I missing something?

Why not just drag the web icon into the quick launch bar?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I just wish someone would come up with a patch that would remove the launcher button off the bar.
    I reckon they should make the dock so that it scrolls left and right, and then you could have as many icons you want on that dock.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast