1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is now, or is gonna be in the near future an app that will allow me to lock photos? people are always asking to see my phone and I dont want them to see my pix.
    What your trying to hide hmmm. ;-) Nah, so far nothing. I hope to see Acid Image on here, I love how they give you customize ability to hide private folders for images.
    Not a real "lock" persay but you can them really difficult to find.

Create a '.' folder, then put them there - access via internalz
    +1
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Not a real "lock" persay but you can them really difficult to find.

Create a '.' folder, then put them there - access via internalz
    Is there a more detialed "how to" for this? Downloading Internalz from preware right now! Thanks in advance.
    1) Access phone via USB Drive 'method' (plug into PC and choose USB)
    2) Create a folder in the root of the drive called .pictures
    3) Put photos you wanna 'secure' in that folder.

Done.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post

Done.
    Thats exactly it, or hide it further in subfolders

Again, its only hiding it from the pictures app. Internalz will still be able to see it and internalz will be openable by anyone who has the phone. Make sure you back out of whatever hidden folder you create when you close internalz...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post

Done.
    When in usb mode and at the root folder menu "E:\" I cant create a folder labeled ".pictures" because of the "." and get an error message that says "you must type a file name." Any help would be appreciated, please advise.

I can create a folder named "pictures" but not a dot extension as mentioned above
    you can name the folder what ever you want. i do that on my pc. i give it a name that has no interest to folks what so ever so they leave it alone. i dont feel like paying for a program to lock them.

and i think the dot was either an error or just for point. you can not create a folder with "." and several other points like that
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    When in usb mode and at the root folder menu "E:\" I cant create a folder labeled ".pictures" because of the "." and get an error message that says "you must type a file name." Any help would be appreciated, please advise.

I can create a folder named "pictures" but not a dot extension as mentioned above
    Nevermind I googled and got my own answer.. the link below shows you how. just replace "mkdir .mydir" w/ "mkdir .pictures".

Create/rename a file/folder that begins with a dot in Windows? - Super User
    Glad you found it Chichi - I completly forgot that Windows doesn't let you do it easily.

Another note - Make sure that after each system update the pictures app is 'clean' of what you don't want in there. A system update could break the "." hidden folder feature. Also of note, internalz did not open pictures for one of the WebOS updates, then after another update was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    you can name the folder what ever you want. i do that on my pc. i give it a name that has no interest to folks what so ever so they leave it alone. i dont feel like paying for a program to lock them.

and i think the dot was either an error or just for point. you can not create a folder with "." and several other points like that
    Internalz is a free app.

If you put a picture folder on your Pre, and name it whatever you want - the pictures will show up in the pictures app. You need the "." because its a unix based OS. Directories with a preceeding "." are considered hidden.
    I did a lot of testing when I saw what internalz may have been able to do.

This also works for videos.
    here what i figure out how to to do to make a hidden files/ pics . ....... this is for windows
    1 hook up you pre to the computer usb way
    2 make new folder and call it what you want.
    3 ok then right click it and go to properties and click hidden and apply it
    4 then go and put a . in front of the name you named it and put a pic in the file to test it.
    make sure it works eject you phone and take a pic and then go into and dcim and move it into you file and test it by going into you photo roll

it work for me for now i ll let you know if i stops
    someone please make a patch
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Download Photosafe...Duh

[url= USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.[/url]
    was going to post same thing... It costs a mere .99 cents, and problem solved