1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I've been thinking about getting a Pre Plus when they come out on Verizon. I've been trying to decide between this and an Android phone. I really want a Pre but I have to worst spelling. I messed around with one at Best Buy a few months ago and didn't notice it trying to correct my miss spelled words. Is there really no auto correction or spell checking on the Pre? If so, is this something that can be fixed with some kind of home-brew patch?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by galenb View Post
    Hi folks,

I've been thinking about getting a Pre Plus when they come out on Verizon. I've been trying to decide between this and an Android phone. I really want a Pre but I have to worst spelling. I messed around with one at Best Buy a few months ago and didn't notice it trying to correct my miss spelled words. Is there really no auto correction or spell checking on the Pre? If so, is this something that can be fixed with some kind of home-brew patch?

Thanks!
    There's some built in correction, not much. The file can freely be modified, but as the list gets longer, it starts to slow the OS down, I believe. (I've never actually tried myself, so I can't confirm).

Patch webOS Add Words to AutoCorrect Dictionary - WebOS Internals
  3.    #3  
    So, it's more like word replacement that actual correction?
    Correct!
  5.    #5  
    Hmmm. This is kind of a deal breaker for me. Is it at all posable to add some kind of system wide spell checking as a patch? That would be excellent addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Correct!
    No.. replace!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by galenb View Post
    That would be excellent addition.
    You see what I mean?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's some built in correction, not much. The file can freely be modified, but as the list gets longer, it starts to slow the OS down, I believe. (I've never actually tried myself, so I can't confirm).

Patch webOS Add Words to AutoCorrect Dictionary - WebOS Internals
    Is the dictionary growing via updates? I noticed this morning, while typing an email, that I typed in "jsut" and it auto-corrected to "just". I'm surprised a limited dictionary would catch that.
  9.    #9  
    Hmm. This is really odd to me because it seems more like an actual spelling error doesn't it? maybe I'm just not understanding the nature of how auto replace works though...