Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    What is EMR? After installing webos update I can no longer download anything. I receive Hunk Errors, receive message that patch is already installed but in Preware I cannot delete it (I did installed before). I reinstalled Preware and now I have no programs at all in App Catalog and get message that software is not available in my country well before I did downloaded same software without any problem.
  2.    #162  
    I think more people need to petition Palm to open up the free apps in the Catalog

The official Palm forums
    Palm on Facebook
    JR on Facebook
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I think more people need to petition Palm to open up the free apps in the Catalog

The official Palm forums
    Palm on Facebook
    JR on Facebook
    Good idea. I think I'll do that, Sweden needs the app catalogue as well...
  4.    #164  
    My main wish is to be able to access Epocrates when it comes out! Don't want to miss out on that. Other than that, I don't really miss anything much in the APp Catalog actually since Homebrew stuff have what I need and I use the Pre mainly for Email and Browsing.
    App catalog is not working properly, I got 15 applications failed installation , and trying to install any new one I get the same install failed and a repetitive request for a restart.
    I am with O2 and under their contract I should have access to these apps. and they were working nicely before the update... I am waiting for another update, I think the problem is with Palm , I have not contacted them but I think I should if it seems to be a common issue...
    Can any one make the preware Linux application work.. I get errors with it as well..
    appreciate any help

sally
    Flash Animation free download
    Quote Originally Posted by sallypre View Post
    App catalog is not working properly, I got 15 applications failed installation , and trying to install any new one I get the same install failed and a repetitive request for a restart.
    I am with O2 and under their contract I should have access to these apps. and they were working nicely before the update... I am waiting for another update, I think the problem is with Palm , I have not contacted them but I think I should if it seems to be a common issue...
    Can any one make the preware Linux application work.. I get errors with it as well..
    appreciate any help
    Re-install latest Preware, and run EMH.

Instructions are earlier in this and many other threads.

-- Rod
    RWhitby, I'm having the same prob as a few people, update to 1.3.5.2 and now apps not working and wont install, so whilst your suggestion is good, how to we go about reinstalling preware when the Pre wont let us install anything?. I ran ERM and that's just delteted all my patches and I'm totally stuck for what to do next. Thinking of chucking it in the bin and getting the iPhone now, i've had enough of this every time there is a software update....PLEEEEEEEZE HELP!!!!
    I just received my Pre today and found out that I can't download any free or commercial applications from the catalog.

I like the phone, but I really can't understand Palm. First they don't want to sell their products to people who want them (no matter how you beg) and if you manage to get a Pre, they make sure you won't get any software for it.

ARGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    It really helps when you tell your network/country. There are some some psychics helping out but they're currently working on other threads, and besides, they only work Fridays.
    Finland, dna. I'll add that to my profile as soon as I find out how to do it..
    For those having the "failed install" message following the update, do the following. Go into PreWare, press the "feeds" bar, go into "menu" and update 'everything" then type "emergency. One of the apps that appears is Emergency Migration Helper, press it and then press "ok". It will then restart your device and you should then be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex View Post
    For those having the "failed install" message following the update, do the following. Go into PreWare, press the "feeds" bar, go into "menu" and update 'everything" then type "emergency. One of the apps that appears is Emergency Migration Helper, press it and then press "ok". It will then restart your device and you should then be good to go.
    cool, will try that out. i'd this issue with the weather apps.
  12.    #172  
    Snippet of email conversation
    Would you happen to have any data to support the number of Palm webOS users in these countries? If you can demonstrate that there are more than 20 in each country I believe we may have a bug on our end
    So I wonder if the number of users in each "unofficial" country matters. If say there were more than 20 Palm Pre users in Australia and HK , that would explain why they have no problem accessing the free apps in the App Catalog.
    Snippet of email conversation

So I wonder if the number of users in each "unofficial" country matters. If say there were more than 20 Palm Pre users in Australia and HK , that would explain why they have no problem accessing the free apps in the App Catalog.
    Okay then, can we start an official count?

Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Celcom?]

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]
  14.    #174  
    Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Digi]
    - Surrinder [Celcom]
    - nomadmy [?Network] - from MyPDACafe forum
    - AHSS [Maxis] : a colleague who just got his Palm Pre yesterday

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]
    maybey you should make a new topic for this one...
    Belgium
    - Huub [Mobistar]

Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Digi]
    - Surrinder [Celcom]

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]
    Belgium
    - Huub [Mobistar]

Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Digi]
    - Surrinder [Celcom]

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]

Sweden
    - Winterbay [Tele2]
    - Andreas [Telia Sweden]
    - loni86 [Tele2 Comviq]

And yes, a new topic might be a good idea.
  17.    #177  
    We do have access to the App Catalog now but see zero apps.
    Agree we can start a new threas
    Yep. The app catalog looks very nice with its zero apps and its nice beta-stamp
    It would look even better with apps in it...
    Belgium
    - Huub [Mobistar]

Italy
    - Frankk [Wind]

Malaysia
    - palmdoc2005 [Digi]
    - Surrinder [Celcom]

Singapore
    - NiceGuy [starhub]

Sweden