Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    PS Where can I get an O2 Sim card from Europe? I would be happy to buy a prepaid one online
    Roaming disable by default, before activation process. I think you can not create Palm Profile with O2 card if you live outside of O2's enabled country.

I have one, I'm in Turkey, no success...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    oh sorry for the extra post but the point of my last one was that i wonder if we need to find a pattern as to what all the people that have the app catalog have in common who live outside the "certified' regions
    It seems that everybody is having different experiences.
    I suppose that the problem has something to do with how the palm profile stored in the phone is handled during the upgrade (because of how I solved the problem).
    If you tryed the "Partial erase", have nothing else to suggest...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    It's not March yet.
    I understand that, what I don't understand is why on 1.3.5.2, the app catalog still says BETA???

yes it downgraded to 1.1.3 app catalog before, but I already webdoc it to 1.3.1, so it should not matter too much, unless the palm profile is also saving that information.
  4.    #144  
    @NiceGuy maybe it's out of Beta only for US? Curious if those from Germany and UK still see the Beta in the App Catalog?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm in Italy and I see 1.0.0 (no beta).
    I sent this message off as well to Ruby in Facebook (as I am not his FB friend, I wonder if the message will get through at all)

PS Where can I get an O2 Sim card from Europe? I would be happy to buy a prepaid one online
    palmdoc, i've got a O2 PAYG, but i'm not ready to do a partial erase just yet. i tried popping the O2 SIM card (without any erase) and it does nothing to my App Catalog. don't see why we have to do any kind of erase to get the Apps, it doesn't make sense. if you want the SIM card, you can let me know.
  7.    #147  
    It seems that Australia is fortunate to be in the App Catalog "distribution list " - since the folks down under can see the free apps in the catalog.
    I tried to order O2 Sim cards from Amazon but they won't deliver to SEA.
    Have PM'd christcentric

Anyway at the end of the day, I don't miss very much except for Accuradio, Accuweather, Evernote, and Endgaget apps. As for the News apps - they have their equivalent in mobile websites so I don't really miss much there.
    I would very much like to be able to d/l Epocrates when it comes out.
    How many free apps do Australian App Catalog show?
    Here in Italy I have 151 (UK O2 pre with rebel sim card)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Do you need to top up a PayG card before you can use it to activate your phone or is it enough credits on it from scratch to get you past the activation? (even if abroad?)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    same problem overhere in Belgium.
    got my palm pre since one day, activation was no problem (Mobistar, Belgium) and gettin' in the app catalog. i download only one app (bubbles!) and he did automaticly down pdf view (??)

After 30min i did upgrade to the latest version, now i see BETA in de app catalog and NO apps!

Hope there will be a fast solution...
    there is no other way to get apps on the palm pre i geuss?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Do you need to top up a PayG card before you can use it to activate your phone or is it enough credits on it from scratch to get you past the activation? (even if abroad?)
    Someone in a post above wrote that you cant activate in roaming...
    Btw I got back my app catalog even my old palm profile created with my italian sim back in november.
  12.    #152  
    Ruby replied my Facebook message!

Jon sent you a message.

Re: Please free the Palm App Catalog

"I have passed your comments/request on to the team. Thanks for your support!!!"
    Ruby replied my Facebook message!

Jon sent you a message.

Re: Please free the Palm App Catalog

"I have passed your comments/request on to the team. Thanks for your support!!!"
    Cool, ask to be his friend on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankk View Post
    How many free apps do Australian App Catalog show?
    Here in Italy I have 151 (UK O2 pre with rebel sim card)
    151 to in Portugal with german pre.
    I need to know if anyone has an app for a simple basketball stat program. I just want it for one player not the whole team... I just want to keep track of shot attempts, shots made, free throw attempts etc. I found a prefect one for the iphone...I am sure that wont work.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Thanks for the reply Andreas, but I had already tried that. Just tried once again as per your steps. I click on the failed apps with the yellow 'warning' / exclamation sign and I have two options: Try Again or Do Not Install.

Try Again - fails installation once again, asks to reboot, etc.

Do Not Install - reverts to previous state of failed status and keeps the Yellow 'warning'/exclamation sign.

I'm stuck. Any other tips very welcomed.

EDIT:

These stuck apps now do not appear in Device Info --> Software so I cannot delete them that way.

Also, NO apps and NONE of my patches appear in the WebOSQI Device Management Menu - so I really have no idea how to get rid of them now...
    I spent this evening doctoring my Pre to 1.3.1 and then updating to 1.3.5.2.

I still have the same issues.
    I can access the App Catalogue just fine.
    But I cannot install ANY apps. They all require a reboot due to 'system changes'. Upon reboot, installation fails. The icon then has a Yellow Warning/Exclamation sign next to it. I cannot get rid of it via App Catalogue basket.

This is really frustrating. I had no issues whatsoever in 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Here in australia i've got 148 apps on an unlocked spanish pre on virgin prepaid.

I also get intermittent 'unavailable' notices, but if i just close app catalog and open it again, it's always fine.

Some people with german pres are getting 400+ apps? What gives? I mean, what is the exact cause of these discrepancies?

I would've thought US=1,200 or whatever it is now, and non-US= like 450 / exactly the same number across the board. Why is germany getting one number, uk another, spain another, etc?

I mean, are we STILL waiting for palm or app developers to submit apps for 'worldwide'? How long is that going to take?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hecticmom i'm not sure if this is the right section to be asking that. This is about a specific issue with the app catalog, not apps in general.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Here in australia i've got 148 apps on an unlocked spanish pre on virgin prepaid.

I also get intermittent 'unavailable' notices, but if i just close app catalog and open it again, it's always fine.

Some people with german pres are getting 400+ apps? What gives? I mean, what is the exact cause of these discrepancies?

I would've thought US=1,200 or whatever it is now, and non-US= like 450 / exactly the same number across the board. Why is germany getting one number, uk another, spain another, etc?

I mean, are we STILL waiting for palm or app developers to submit apps for 'worldwide'? How long is that going to take?

Lucky Aussies. I still get zero. I agree with your sentiments, if the apps are free, and not country specific, we should be seeing the same number of apps from anywhere. I don't think Palm should be geo-restricting these apps.
    The only technical problem that I see is that data in roaming is disabled by default. You should edit the webos doctor tomodify this behaviour, enable wifi or better disable automatic start of profile configurator...
    I should try this too to create profile with my O2 sim, but i fear to see disappear all my apps from the catalog again...
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast