Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    OK I did this and am posting here in case anyone contemplates trying the same:

1) Did a full erase. Logged in to same profile.
    2) Doctored back to 1.3.1 App Catalog works but can see only 1 App - Classic
    3) Updated to 1.3.5.2 App Catalog does not work - get the dreaded Action could not be complete BSOD

So it looks like something is definitely not right with 1.3.5.2 and "unofficial" Pre users. There is not only geo-filtering but a glitch which makes the App Catalog inaccessible.

I have not yet re-installed Preware
    Ive never had any tweaks installed so its been totally stock and that is exactly the issue ive now got with it.

In december it used to show a steady increasing number of apps, approx 75 apps before new years eve. Then Classic trial popped up and all the 75+ apps vanished. After updating to 1.3.5.2 classic also vanished.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    OK I did this and am posting here in case anyone contemplates trying the same:

1) Did a full erase. Logged in to same profile.
    2) Doctored back to 1.3.1 App Catalog works but can see only 1 App - Classic
    3) Updated to 1.3.5.2 App Catalog does not work - get the dreaded Action could not be complete BSOD

So it looks like something is definitely not right with 1.3.5.2 and "unofficial" Pre users. There is not only geo-filtering but a glitch which makes the App Catalog inaccessible.
    I did the same yesterday, but forgot to post the result (which was the same). Sorry for putting you through the same procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    In december it used to show a steady increasing number of apps, approx 75 apps before new years eve. Then Classic trial popped up and all the 75+ apps vanished. After updating to 1.3.5.2 classic also vanished.
    Same exact story here.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Noticed that im now able to access the App Catalog without the error message, but its got zero applications.

If I click my shopping basket to check up on my installed free apps im able to update them but if click one to get more info about it I get the message "This application is not available in your country."

Do you think it matters what country you set your Palm Profile to when activating? Logged in to the profile and noticed that I had selected the UK upon registration back in october. But it probably sense in in Sweden and block me as if it would use the UK setting in the profile it would block all UK users.
    Last edited by Andreas; 01/13/2010 at 06:01 PM.
    app catalog has now changed from "the action could not be completed.try again later " with the exclamation mark to opening back now but Zero/Cero/zéro/null applications are present.Hopefully this means they are trying something to bring back apps for everyone outside of official pre launch regions
  5.    #85  
    Somehow I doubt if that is the case

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Noticed that im now able to access the App Catalog without the error message, but its got zero applications.

If I click my shopping basket to check up on my installed free apps im able to update them but if click one to get more info about it I get the message "This application is not available in your country."

Do you think it matters what country you set your Palm Profile to when activating? Logged in to the profile and noticed that I had selected the UK upon registration back in october. But it probably sense in in Sweden and block me as if it would use the UK setting in the profile it would block all UK users.
  6.    #86  
    Hey, you're right. Seems that something is happening now but hope it doesn't remain at zero!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    app catalog has now changed from "the action could not be completed.try again later " with the exclamation mark to opening back now but Zero/Cero/zéro/null applications are present.Hopefully this means they are trying something to bring back apps for everyone outside of official pre launch regions
    since i updated yesterday morning after the release this is the first change i've seen cause i have been checking back all the time to see if any progress have been made.i guess its all or nothing now then!My Pre is stock only with a few apps i downloaded before the 'upgrade' to 1.3.1 which caused everything in the catalog to go wrong.
  8.    #88  
    Btw, the published hack installing 1.1.3 Findapp DOES NOT WORK & you'll mess up the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I bought an O2 German Pre the week after it was released.

I borrowed an O2 German SIM and activated it in the shop in Germany.

Back in Sweden my network (3) did not support 3G Data so I ended upp editing the required APN and MMS data.

Have been using patches and homebrew and the app catalog has been increasing steadily.

Today upgraded to 1.3.5.2, manually edited to get back 3G Data.

I now have 151 apps in there.

When using PreWare I'm able to see the apps in the US App Catalog and the PreWare stuff. I was even given the opportunity to update an app that I once had (Feeds) when it was trial in PreWare but have not been working since the trile expired and it was mooved to the App Catalog. I have not tried this yet - anybody else with same experience and have tied to update or download an app catalog app from Preware?
  10.    #90  
    But I think it'd be too much trouble for me to go to Germany and activate the Palm Pre again after a full erase
    Wonder if activating with an O2 SIM outside Germany would work?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm in Hong Kong with my German Qwertz pre which was activated on my Hong Kong PCCW sim. I upgraded to the 1.3.5.2 and app catalog works fine now. hundred something apps so it's not geo filtering. I suspect it's more about a software glitch still, which would concur with the BETA sign on the app.
  12. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I think most of these problems should be resolved in March when paid apps are finally released for Europe.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I'm in Hong Kong with my German Qwertz pre which was activated on my Hong Kong PCCW sim. I upgraded to the 1.3.5.2 and app catalog works fine now. hundred something apps so it's not geo filtering. I suspect it's more about a software glitch still, which would concur with the BETA sign on the app.
    Now this is good news so hopefully it can be fixed server side. It's frustrating when the Android appstore doesn't face these problems - at least for the free apps. Palm must fix this asap as it is bad PRPRPR $for$ $them$.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Interestingly enough I can access and update applications that I have already installed even though I cannot find any new ones. This is a nice touch at least...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The same with me. App Catalog opens now, but shows zero apps.
    Tapping any app in My Applications list results in message "This application is not available in your country".
    Except for the last one; the last app in the list is PDF View. Tapping that and message "This is not a valid webOS application" follows. Interesting!
    Last edited by Lemstil; 01/14/2010 at 06:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I would not be surprised if starting March paid apps will only be available to O2/Telefonica/SFR and Pre users that are not on carrier partner networks will be stuck with the free apps... Come on let's face it. Wouldn't that be the Palm thing to do?
    Thats what ive also said regarding paid apps coming to Europe, im not at all convinced that Europe means all of Europe. Lets hope we can atleast install apps by the upcoming web catalogs.

If, God forbid this would be case in march, is anyone clued up on EU legislation and if we stand any chance at all returning our product for a full refund? Im not saying I would leave Palm forever, just until apps gets available.
    As it turns out, Palm Profiles are associated with the country and wireless service provider of the SIM card in the phone when you create your profile. It also happens that apps are only certified for Germany, Ireland, Spain and the UK.

If all the GSM Pres were sold locked in Europe, I would understand why we are having trouble getting the App Catalog. But the most of us with our German QWERTY Pres legally procured them for use all over the world; surely Palm would have known they were allowing a gray market of importers to emerge with a factory-unlocked phone.

So this whole No-Apps issue is beginning to irritate me a little. It's not as if we broke any kind of law to bring them into our home countries for use.

BTW I now can access the App Catalog, which has 0 apps available for me.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well put christcentric.

Think I shall ask a relative to buy me a O2 PayG card or do you reckon I actually have to be in the UK or Germany to create a proper profile?
    I am on O2 UK Works perfectly fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    BTW I now can access the App Catalog, which has 0 apps available for me.
    Same here. It's progress, at least.
    Check out Movie Diary.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast