Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Palm is investigating why it isnt working for some of us

Twitter / chuq von rospach: @palmdoc I've reported thi ...
    Well, that's good news. Here's to hoping.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    I had this error when I first loaded 1.3.5.2 but it's working OK now. 234 apps on O2 UK.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Just been chatting with Palm support and unless you are using o2 as a carrier you shouldnt actually be able to access the App Catalog.

So, even though the device was sold unlocked by o2 you arent worthy of using the App Catalog.

I never been angry for delayed updates as you know those will come but if its something that really makes me angry, its this kind of manner that try to differentiate people. We are all customers to Palm and o2 regardless of were we live but not treated as such at all.

Yes, Palm made a great device and had I lived in a o2 country I would be smiling from ear to ear. Instead I feel abit betrayed. Im looking forward to 1.4 for the recording features but I guess me and the rest of the early adopters around the world can forget about App Catalog access for quite some time.

So, at the same time as Im happy to own such a great device im also quite frankly disgusted about how we are treated by Palm and o2.
    An hour after I updated the catalog is available again here in Portugal with just 224 apps (100 more than with previous 1.3.1, although it seems kind of random because every time I doctor my Pre, I can see new apps and some of the old are not available anymore)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Palm is investigating why it isnt working for some of us

Twitter / chuq von rospach: @palmdoc I've reported thi ...
    Yay, hope we will get some love from Palm.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    based on Rod's experience, i would think that he is right: there isn't any geofiltering. But for certain phones only, it seems.

For as of now we cannot pin down what exactly is differentiating our unlocked GSM Pres. I would reckon that there are certain restrictions on the Palm servers that only apply to certain Palm Profiles and/or Pres. The discrepancy is server-side.
  6.    #66  
    I am itching to reapply 1.1.3's App Catalog but I won't until the WebOS 1.3.5.2 doctor is out for GSM
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Just updated to 1.3.5.2
    App catalog started straight away !
    Showing 240 apps, all free.
    Updating via Updates from Luncher and Wifi. Took a while but everything works properly
    Carrier - o2 UK.

Kris
    could it be the time zone that is locking some of us out?
    on o2 in UK. Updated to 1.3.5.2 OK after EPR and then ran EMH afterwards (not sure that did anything, nothing seemed to appear on the screen after the reboot. If there's a way to check what it did, please, please tell me !).

I can access the apps catalog - but it's still in Beta. Is that what others have as well ? I thought it came out of Beta with this version, or was that just in USA ?
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    could it be the time zone that is locking some of us out?
    Well i tried changing it to no avail.
    i updated to 1.3.5.2 yesterday and the app catalog didnt work for me. but tody it works just fine, dont know why but i only have access to 131 apps...
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    Nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Not that I've had the phone for long enough to even want to delve into the app catalog. I managed to download a spanish dictionary under 1.1.3 that still works but that is about what I've done

I hope it resolves itself soon enough.

/Winterbay, sitting on the Tele2 network in Sweden
    After reading most of peoples posts on here it seems 90% are having the same problem i did. After the update the app catalogue did not work.

Run the Emergency Migration Helper found in preware under Linux Applications. Wait at least 30min then reboot.

Go back to the App catalogue and it should work. Mine did.

I made sure i ran the EPR before i installed the update mind.

Good Luck Everyone!
    Must say I love the new way App Catalog handles updates !!

Would like to see Palm add an changelog feature, damn annoying you have no clue what a updates does...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Should I start a new thread to try and gather info to see who got "The action could not be completed. Try again later"-error when starting the App Catalog?
    I'm one of the unlucky with this problem.
    UK O2 with rebel and WIND IT sim card.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Perhaps no help at all, but I vaguely remember a post bij Shadow or Shadavis saying clearing your browser cache sometimes helped!

Perhaps I remember incorrectly, in which case SORRY!
    No need to apologize when you are trying to help out.

Already tried it though but did not work, I just hope its actually a error that cause this. I hate to think that Palm would actually block their own customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    How was it activated? With your own SIM, a o2 SIM or by software?

Ive activated with a swedish SIM ie the number in my Palm profile is the same im using, havent had full access to App Catalog since just after launch, on new years eve it went down to 1 app (classic) and since the patch today there is no access at all. Downhill all the way.

I will patienly await 1.4 when Europe will get paid apps, I wont put my money on that it will work for me though. Im afraid of that when Palm says 'Europe' they might actually mean just the launch countries + France ie the countries were they have a deal with a carrier.

Sure hope im wrong.

At&t in the US, bought the phone from mediamarkt (mainz - frankfurt, DE) myself,,, made sure i opened the phone at home in US, activated with at&t sim card (no rebels etc)....created palm profile...currrently running 1352 ..no probs so far... see all 1100 apps ....!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Guess we are geofiltered then.
  20.    #80  
    OK I did this and am posting here in case anyone contemplates trying the same:

1) Did a full erase. Logged in to same profile.
    2) Doctored back to 1.3.1 App Catalog works but can see only 1 App - Classic
    3) Updated to 1.3.5.2 App Catalog does not work - get the dreaded Action could not be complete BSOD

So it looks like something is definitely not right with 1.3.5.2 and "unofficial" Pre users. There is not only geo-filtering but a glitch which makes the App Catalog inaccessible.

I have not yet re-installed Preware
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast