Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen? Note that I had 1 app in the catalog before 1.3.5.2 (Classic), since December 31st.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    I'm having major issues with the App Catalogue since 'upgrading' to 1.3.5.2...

I can see all of te apps however when I try and download / update an app it gets about3/4 through the download bar and then an error message pops up telling me I need to restart my Pre in order for apps to be downloaded. I've restarted it numerous times and still nothing is downloading...

Any ideas on what to do?
    I have the same problem with app catalog as Palmdoc, but what I did before I upgraded was to upgrade my app catalog back to 1.3.1.

Tried full erase, no help... but I had to do that anyway because some of my preware apps got error when I tried to remove or update them, something like file not found...
    Last edited by NiceGuy; 01/12/2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just been chatting with Palm support and unless you are using o2 as a carrier you shouldnt actually be able to access the App Catalog.

So, even though the device was sold unlocked by o2 you arent worthy of using the App Catalog.

I never been angry for delayed updates as you know those will come but if its something that really makes me angry, its this kind of manner that try to differentiate people. We are all customers to Palm and o2 regardless of were we live but not treated as such at all.

Yes, Palm made a great device and had I lived in a o2 country I would be smiling from ear to ear. Instead I feel abit betrayed. Im looking forward to 1.4 for the recording features but I guess me and the rest of the early adopters around the world can forget about App Catalog access for quite some time.

So, at the same time as Im happy to own such a great device im also quite frankly disgusted about how we are treated by Palm and o2.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Just been chatting with Palm support and unless you are using o2 as a carrier you shouldnt actually be able to access the App Catalog.
    If that's true, then I'm very unhappy.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    If that's true, then I'm very unhappy.
    can't be true...and obviously would enable you to give your Pre back because this definitely would be a major fault!

I'm having problems with app catalog today too...coming and going...at the moment it works perfectly.
    Just seems to be a bit wanky today...give it time!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Wow! I hope this isn't their policy... I was actually hoping the big delay in opening the paid app catalog was because they wanted to open it up to every country. Or at least all countries in Europe.

I imagine there being a ton of Pre's out there in countries not officially carrying it. They want to exclude all these people from the catalog? The people that import are probably their biggest fans..

So, even though the device was sold unlocked by o2 you arent worthy of using the App Catalog.

I never been angry for delayed updates as you know those will come but if its something that really makes me angry, its this kind of manner that try to differentiate people. We are all customers to Palm and o2 regardless of were we live but not treated as such at all.

Yes, Palm made a great device and had I lived in a o2 country I would be smiling from ear to ear. Instead I feel abit betrayed. Im looking forward to 1.4 for the recording features but I guess me and the rest of the early adopters around the world can forget about App Catalog access for quite some time.

So, at the same time as Im happy to own such a great device im also quite frankly disgusted about how we are treated by Palm and o2.

not completely true.. i think only geo filtering is On ! my german gsm pre (no preware/patches etc) shows more than 1000 apps in USA ... and im no way related to O2 !!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Im just telling you what support told me when I voiced my concerns to them about not being able to access the App Catalog.

Basicly I was told I shouldnt be able to access it since I wasnt using o2 as a carrier and it didnt matter that o2 sells them unlocked. Customer support would carry my suggestion on but I suggest others let Palm know how they feel about this too.
    It finally updated all my apps that gave me the 'app catalog not available' since the 1.3.1 update.
    For the first time in ages update says: your device is up to date! Nice.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by srikanth57 View Post
    not completely true.. i think only geo filtering is On ! my german gsm pre (no preware/patches etc) shows more than 1000 apps in USA ... and im no way related to O2 !!
    Are you in the usa? which carrier.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I wonder, if its OK for palm to spoof an apple hardware ID, is it OK for some intelligent individual to spoof a palm hardware ID :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srikanth57 View Post
    How was it activated? With your own SIM, a o2 SIM or by software?

Ive activated with a swedish SIM ie the number in my Palm profile is the same im using, havent had full access to App Catalog since just after launch, on new years eve it went down to 1 app (classic) and since the patch today there is no access at all. Downhill all the way.

I will patienly await 1.4 when Europe will get paid apps, I wont put my money on that it will work for me though. Im afraid of that when Palm says 'Europe' they might actually mean just the launch countries + France ie the countries were they have a deal with a carrier.

Sure hope im wrong.
    Last edited by Andreas; 01/12/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Im just telling you what support told me when I voiced my concerns to them about not being able to access the App Catalog.

Basicly I was told I shouldnt be able to access it since I wasnt using o2 as a carrier and it didnt matter that o2 sells them unlocked. Customer support would carry my suggestion on but I suggest others let Palm know how they feel about this too.
    You realise that the telephone support people (who are in a different country from the developers of the device) will have absolutely no idea on this.

I access both the .us and .eu app catalogs from Australia. There is no geo-filtering.

Run the EMH if you are having app catalog problems after upgrading to 1.3.5 ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    And if you have used mvapp, see the link in sig.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I access both the .us and .eu app catalogs from Australia. There is no geo-filtering.
    Was your phone activated with an Australian sim card or a German one?

For what it's worth, my story is more or less the same as what Andreas said, with the exception that I'm in Belgium.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that several times so far. I've also done a full reset and have doctored it back to 1.3.1, then updated to 1.3.5.2 without doing anything else.

I'll live with it though, I can always write my own apps ... given enough time
    Check out Movie Diary.
  17.    #57  
    You realise that the telephone support people (who are in a different country from the developers of the device) will have absolutely no idea on this.

-- Rod
    I have run EMH immediately after the upgrade and I cannot access the App Catalog. I am rather loath to either do a full erase as Backup has never worked for me nor doctor the phone right now as reinstalling the apps would be a pain or an impossibility for some apps if I cannot re-access the catalog.
    Perhaps Australia is now a favored EU nation given webosinternals work? :P
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Cheers Rod, only tweaks ive done after 1.3.1 is adding a voice mail number to the carrier database so im not familiar with what EMH means?

There is some kind of restrection though, as it worked fine the first couple of weeks after release, then vanished, came back three weeks before christmas and since new years only with ONE application (Classic). Since updating today I dont get access at all.

Would really appreciate suggestion on how to tweak it as Ive had it with waiting for a solution from the ones who should provide it ie the guys who took my 500 euros and handed me a marvelous, yet plastic riverstone.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I access both the .us and .eu app catalogs from Australia.
    How please, pretty, please, please, pretty, please?
  20.    #60  
    Palm is investigating why it isnt working for some of us

Twitter / chuq von rospach: @palmdoc I've reported thi ...
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast