Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    on o2 (germany) with 1.3.5.1 (sprint) had 145 apps in the catalog, just doctored to european 1.3.1 the same - 145 apps.. now downloading 1.3.5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    on o2 (germany) with 1.3.5.1 (sprint) had 145 apps in the catalog, just doctored to european 1.3.1 the same - 145 apps.. now downloading 1.3.5.2
    Thanks for the update. I doctored to Sprint last night and as soon as I finished I saw the posts about the EU version coming out. I am tempted not to flash to EU cause I have a feeling 1.4 will take couple of weeks to come out to us....
  3. fakemirror
    I am running a Sprint Pre on 1.3.5.1. Since updating this this OS last weekend I also am having trouble with App Catalog. Can I ask you guys on 1.3.5.2 what version numer is your App Catalog (List Apps from Launcher menu). I am running 1.0.0 ???
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    App Catalog
    v1.0.0 by Palm, Inc.

App Catalog is working for me. 147 apps... 2 apps more than before.. o_O
    and 4 apps updated
    The full erase didn't work for me, unfortunately
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Yes, the message is different but effectively it is an "App Catalog Unvailable" issue. I don't know if Geo-filtering is responsible for this but I certainly hope not.
    There is no geo-filtering.

I live in Australia, and have a Sprint CDMA Pre and a German GSM Pre.

The Sprint Pre sees the US catalog, and the German Pre sees the EU catalog.

It depends on your Palm Profile, and which device is registered against that Palm Profile (you can check that online).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    if so.. can someone in the US register a palm profile for me? :-D

part erase then create new palm profile :-D
    if so.. can someone in the US register a palm profile for me? :-D
    If they do so using their phone, they will loose the ability to use their profile on that phone.

Your only way to do this is to buy a US phone and use that to register a new profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    After the update last night the App Catalog wasn't available but as of this morning it works again without problems. As others have already said, 147 applications are available in Germany.
    for me everything is running fine, I didn't remove anything as I did not have any patches installed. I did update of all applications after installation of 1.3.5.2 and the only visible problem is that I have lost icon of Classic after the update to 2.1.2 (I see just empty squere). In preware I can see 1567 available packages, in app catalog I can see 147 applications. I have T-mobile DE and I am located in Germany.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If they do so using their phone, they will loose the ability to use their profile on that phone.

Your only way to do this is to buy a US phone and use that to register a new profile.

-- Rod
    ok but why? I just registered the new palm profile from the same phone, from the same sim card, different emails... both profiles work and both have the same phone-number in profile on palm's site
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    227 apps available on O2 Ireland
    There is no geo-filtering.

I live in Australia, and have a Sprint CDMA Pre and a German GSM Pre.

The Sprint Pre sees the US catalog, and the German Pre sees the EU catalog.

It depends on your Palm Profile, and which device is registered against that Palm Profile (you can check that online).

-- Rod
    if there is no geofiltering, what is locking some of us out?

and, i looked at my Palm Profile, it says that my country is UK and my device model is Palm Pre UMTS. what could be locking me out?
    how do you find out how many apps are in the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    if there is no geofiltering, what is locking some of us out?

and, i looked at my Palm Profile, it says that my country is UK and my device model is Palm Pre UMTS. what could be locking me out?
    Model: Palm Pre UMTS

that's why our pre's are using EU-Catalog instead of US-Catalog... :'(
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockfreak View Post
    how do you find out how many apps are in the app catalog?
    clicking on recent - there on the search field is a number of available apps
    My Palm Profile says my country is "United Kingdom" (which I probably selected when I registered the profile), but I have a German Pre (in Belgium, for what that's worth).

Could the problem be the discrepancy between a German Pre and the UK location?
    Check out Movie Diary.
    clicking on recent - there on the search field is a number of available apps
    Ahhh in that case i have 234 apps on 1.3.5.2 and in UK only got the phone on sunday so still learning it!

Any way to check the update applied properly or why mine would be running so slow since the update?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    My Palm Profile says my country is "United Kingdom" (which I probably selected when I registered the profile), but I have a German Pre (in Belgium, for what that's worth).

Could the problem be the discrepancy between a German Pre and the UK location?
    as I got my pre in germany (I'm living here too...) on the first start and registration I choose English (USA) as language, cuz I don't like translated UIs.. native ones are better since that in my Palm Profile is Country where I bought the Pre - USA, but I bought it in germany...
    but for a couple of hours.. I registered a new Palm Profile with german language selected. and after I activated it I could select bought by provider in germany.

and I saw absolutly NO differences between a profile with germany and profile with with usa. so there can't be any problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdonline View Post
    234 apps for me too....O2 UK running webOS 1.3.5.2
    Ditto
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast