Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    OK will try again with the test profile you created and see. Will post results here.
    Ok here's the situation. Using a metadoctored 1.3.5.2 firmware version and an O2 Sim card, Wifi connection on, I ran the First Use Application (which is enabled by the Metadoctor). It "activated" and then I chose to sign in to the test Profile created by tomi666. With this profile, tomi could see the app stores while on Wifi connection in Vietnam.
    Unfortunately I have to report that with this profile, the APp Catalog is still "unavailable" to me.
    I just don't understand the algorithm behind Palm's App Catalog restriction.
    In fact I just don't understand why Palm would want to restrict the free apps in the App Catalog at all. It doesn't create any goodwill and only frustrates your early adopters in the "non-official" countries.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ...and App Catalog back again!
    Still empty, but at least it gives this impression of something actually happening.
    False impression, maybe, but I am so gullible...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    Still empty, but at least it gives this impression of something actually happening.
    51 days without access to the catalog, this is so funny.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  4.    #264  
    While the App Catalog is empty, if one has a free app installed and an update is available, it can be updated, so there is some good in that!
  5.    #265  
    Sadly the App Catalog has gone missing again, sigh
    I don't have access to it either. I have a handful of non-Preware apps that all need updating, but nothing happens when I tap the "update all" button. When I launch the app catalog it churns and churns, but I get the same error as you ("please try again later..."). I rarely use the app catalog, so it's not a HUGE deal...however, I was checking for a WebOS update and was sent to the app catalog due to several apps needing updates. That's when I first ran into this issue.

In fact, ever since I first experienced the app catalog issue earlier today, I've been having all sorts of issues with my phone. When I check for updates now, I get a "please try again later" message. When I open Preware, I'm lucky if the feeds all load without an error (yes...I'm running the latest version of Preware). If I make any changes in Preware and need a Luna restart, the phone locks up and needs the battery removed to reset it. It's all so strange!
  7.    #267  
    Anyway, thanks to enterprising Precentral forummers, getting free apps from the App Catalog isn't that hard anymore, with a bit of research

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2238933

Actually, my App Catalog is working again. I shut down and restarted the phone a few times, and that solved the problem. I think I was experiencing internet connection issues due to the earlier app updates I tried to run (which locked up the phone).

Whew!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    ... and App Catalog gone again! "Please try again"

Let's see what happens with 1.4, or in March, or...
    I quit posting about App Catalog any more till the day App Catalog becomes something else than a blank page. If ever.
  10.    #270  
    Kinda like teasing us isn't it? Comes and goes.... lol
    well, I'm not sure what changed...

The Apps catalog still doesn't work. But I "accidentally" hit the Updates icon, and it did run, meaning showed some apps, that needs update and updated the applications...

cheers,

pete
    QWERTZ in Singapore
  12.    #272  
    Updates has been working for me for some time. I hope this doesn't change since at least whatever free apps I have now are kept updated. But it would be far better if the App Catalog were accessible.
    So is tht mean there is no other way to get those apps from the app cat if we cant access the app cat here in Malaysia?
    Hello... Newbie here. Just got my pre a couple of days ago, so I'm totally new to all of this. But the app catalog won't work... I get the "unavailable" screen. What should I be doing to fix this? Don't be afraid to patronise me... I really have no clue. Cheers!
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    So is tht mean there is no other way to get those apps from the app cat if we cant access the app cat here in Malaysia?
    The free apps are still available, and a way to get them was posted earlier but it's more tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    No one has a clue. US customers on Sprint have paid apps. Paid apps are supposed to come to Europe uhhrr today or tomorrow. If that includes Pre owners in unofficial countries remains unclear. Oh and Canada will have paid apps as well. Mexico, npi! So, depending on your location and carrier, you could have access to paid apps pretty soon.
    Aha! Cheers fella. Well, I'm at least glad that it's not a problem unique to me! Oh well, hopefully they'll sort it out soon...
    Is anybody seeing paid apps outside official countries so far after the update?
    The free apps are still available, and a way to get them was posted earlier but it's more tedious.
    You mean the ipk url download method is back now? Or you are talking about downgrade appcat?
  19.    #279  
    Neither. I am talking about the dummy app with lower app version hack.
    Neither. I am talking about the dummy app with lower app version hack.
    er? Something new for me... what link do u have on this?