Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had nine replacements so I guess I was a prime candidate for their survey. They asked me what problems I had, how many times I've had them, how I like my phone then vs. now, how sprint has handled the exchanges, and what features I would like to see in the future.

Of course I love the Pre or I wouldn't have bothered to replace so many times. And I love Sprint, for obvious reasons. I Told him I would like to see a bigger screen, better battery life, and more big name apps.

Palm is awesome for listening to their customers!\

Anyone else get a call like this recently?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    So why exactly have you had to go through 9 PREs?
    wow 9?
    I've never had to replace mine yet so I don't understand how people have went through so many. Guess I have good luck.
    I think they were calling you to make sure you were a human and not a phone-smashing gorilla.
    I have spoken to Palm, they called me a couple months ago... they asked basically the same questions as the OP stated. I like that they are communicating with the ones who actually are using the devices, rather than just Sprint CSR (customer service representatives)
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I think they were calling you to make sure you were a human and not a phone-smashing gorilla.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I imagine I will be getting a call soon. I'm getting my 6th Pre tomorrow. I bought my first from best buy but it locked up on the palm "breathing" screen. The 2nd oreo'd bad. The first 2 were replaced by best buy under 30 days. i've had the 3rd pre since then. Now my screen is starting to crack from the USB door. Sprint wouldn't replace it so I called Palm. They are replacing under warrenty except the 2 replacements I have gotten so far are refurbs and the slider is jacked. Theres a huge gap on top between the screen half and the back half. I can actually almost stick my finger in there if I try. My 3rd replacement is coming tomorrow so wish me luck. So, this will actually be the 6th Pre in my posession, but only the 4th that was used/activated. Unless this one is bad too, then I guess i'll be waiting on a 7th in a couple days. Palm has been more than helpful and way better than Sprint...I just wish they didn't have so many bad hardware Pres laying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Anyone else get a call like this recently?
    Haven't received any calls like that, but I have this really neat app that lets me disguise my calls to make them seem as if they're coming from Palm....

OK, I'm kidding. Just couldn't resist...
    The number of replacements doesn't matter if you get the call or not, it could only be one. The idea is at Palm we want to know what causes customers to return units. Most obvious answer is it's broken, fact is we talk to a lot of people who return products because of lack or product education given to them by sales reps or lack of knowledge on the customers end of what the device can do, although there is the fair share of what the device can't do. It helps build an idea of the areas we are hurting and need to make better, whether that is build quality, training with carrier agents, or making the device more user friendly.

At Palm we strive to be the best and by all means we recognize we can't do that without you guys.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Wow. Nine phones exchanged. I'm not certain I would have been quite so generous to Palm during that phone call.

I love the Pre too, but I'm not sure it would still be in my pocket if I had to exchange it nine times.
    You have used up all the Pre's 9 lives! Good luck!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I've been through about 7 or 8 phones myself, received no call.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Wow. Nine phones exchanged. I'm not certain I would have been quite so generous to Palm during that phone call.

I love the Pre too, but I'm not sure it would still be in my pocket if I had to exchange it nine times.
    Yeah, lucky for Palm Sprint has ***** else for phones and really cheap plans.
    What the hell are you guys doing to your Pre's?

Sure it has some known hardware issues but here's my 2 cents for a cheap insurance policy: slap a Nu-Shield Screen Protector on it and get a Body Glove case.

Aside from a few minor issues that were easily workable, this combo has served me well for 5 months strong.

Edit: After 4 months the Nu-Shield wore down and had to be replaced. I do NOT recommend.
    Last edited by foosball; 10/07/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post

HOW DARE YOU write something like that!! It takes some set of u-kno-what to be so inconsiderate. You overlooked a 'minor' detail that has already caused some major problems. Did you ever stop to think that there could possibly be insomniacs reading through the forums...and that many insomniacs have children that are not insomniacs...and when an insomniac dad starts hysterical laughing at 3am and wakes up his 3yr old, who is not an insomniac...at least not yet. But if I keep waking her up in the middle of the night because of posts like this one.......then u kno what happens next...she gets more QT w/ me and my pre! -lol- :: Thanks for the laugh!
    NINE replacement pres....

Sounds like REAL top notch quality from palm, inc., eh?

Soooo glad I never bought this lemon...
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    What the hell are you guys doing to your Pre's?

Sure it has some known hardware issues but here's my 2 cents for a cheap insurance policy: slap a Nu-Shield Screen Protector on it and get a Body Glove case.

Aside from a few minor issues that were easily workable, this combo has served me well for 5 months strong.

Massive Oreo or other screen effects, others had big-time software issues/bugs. I've been really unlucky.
    Why bother posting on precentral than if your not into the Pre?

On my 3rd, first one had cracked screen, 2nd volume buttons went dead, this one currently so far so good, all refurb ones through sprint insurance, fact is I am so used to the pre and it is so handy and easy to access your daily info I don't think I would be able to switch so easily myself ..

Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    NINE replacement pres....

Sounds like REAL top notch quality from palm, inc., eh?

Soooo glad I never bought this lemon...
    ohhh man... I haven't laughed that hard in a while about something i read online.
    oops I was referring to this:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast