Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    honestly id have to say the best hardware for webos could be some of the windows mobile handsets ie touch pro 2 , diamond 2
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    what about batt life compared to the 3gs. I have read good and bad in this department...
    Quote Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
    what about batt life compared to the 3gs. I have read good and bad in this department...
    what is 3GS battery life like?

and remember you can buy extra batteries for Pre to change for $10 each on ebay.
    expect slightly worse but thats based off the current webos version each version has brought improvements in that department
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    i can get about 24 hrs of solid use....
    It'll probably be better as you will be on verizon. At least everywhere I have lived verizon always has the best signal. My battery lasts several hours longer if I force my pre to roam on verizon's network rather than having to deal with sprints weak coverage when I am at the university/hospital. So verizon pre's might not be comparable to sprint pres given verizons generally stronger network.

If I don't force my phone on verizon's network it'll die at 2PM-ish. If I force it to roam It'll last till I get home at 6PM. I carry a spare battery anyways.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    with moderate use i mean, maybe about 17hrs with good usage
    i get around 13 with moderate to light usage
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    13hrs?!? that is not to good....
    but i am in an area with poor coverage which im sure wont happen on verizon
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    oh.....
    i can get about 24 hrs of solid use....
    if you can do that on 3gs, you could do 16 hrs on the Pre.

Obviously 3G uses more battery compare to 2G, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $iPhone$ $3GS$'$s$ $3G$ $coverage$ $isn$'$t$ $very$ $good$. $So$ $that$ $would$ $factor$ $in$.

Either way, invest $10-20, you get as long battery as you want.
    I'm just envisioning Apple's new tablet with Palm's WebOS running on it.
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to multitask, have several apps running, and be able to use gestures to move about as you wish?
    When I first got my hands on the 3GS, the first thing that came to mind was that Apple was stalling. They were adding a few interesting things to the the 3G, but nothing monumental. The real changes and improvements will come in the fourth generation model. The Nexus One is a nice phone, but it's nothing fundamentally different than anything else out there.
    I hate to say it, but I think that Apple's 4th generation might be the first 'real' 'SuperPhone'.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkmc View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to multitask, have several apps running, and be able to use gestures to move about as you wish?
    When I first got my hands on the 3GS, the first thing that came to mind was that Apple was stalling. They were adding a few interesting things to the the 3G, but nothing monumental. The real changes and improvements will come in the fourth generation model. The Nexus One is a nice phone, but it's nothing fundamentally different than anything else out there.
    I hate to say it, but I think that Apple's 4th generation might be the first 'real' 'SuperPhone'.
    i doubt it so far apple has coasted along on small improvements and look how its treated them i dont see why theyd change now
    I would agree WebOS is a step up in terms working like a real computer.

However, I still prefer a comprehensive desktop OS, be that Windows 7, OSX, or Linux.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I am sold on the pre plus. I can't wait.... I am just bored with the 3gs
    All of you talking about battery life; I just posted a thread about my Pre's fully charged battery losing 96% of it's charge on my 45 minute walk in 25 degree weather. At first I thought it was an aberration, but it has done it to me twice in the cold weather. Once while skiing and again tonight.
    What do you folks think of that?
    yes a tablet running ubuntu netbook remix would be pretty sweet
    All of you talking about battery life; I just posted a thread about my Pre's fully charged battery losing 96% of it's charge on my 45 minute walk in 25 degree weather. At first I thought it was an aberration, but it has done it to me twice in the cold weather. Once while skiing and again tonight.
    What do you folks think of that?
    i think thread hijacking isnt cool
    I am sold on the pre plus. I can't wait.... I am just bored with the 3gs
    well, you sure you don't like sprint? it has very good plans and annual upgrade of phones.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast