1. CoobeyMeyer
    I've been going at this for right at two hours trying everything my young mind can conjour up and nothing will work. I'm starting to get ****ed... No matter what godly or un-godly method I use, I cannot for the life of me get that little tiny freakin' Next button to light up! I've tried everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) but can't figure it out. HELP?
    sometimes the phone will not get mounted correctly by the OS. It would help to know with OS you are using (OSX or windows). However try this:

1. Take the battery out of the pre.

2. When putting the battery back in the pre hold down the "volume up" button on the side of the phone.This should put the pre into usb -drive emergency mode.

3. Plug pre into computer
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    sometimes the phone will not get mounted correctly by the OS. It would help to know with OS you are using (OSX or windows). However try this:

2. When putting the battery back in the pre hold down the "volume up" button on the side of the phone.This should put the pre into usb -drive emergency mode.

As with most computer problems, while taking the battery out of the pre and what not, go ahead and give your computer a restart, tell it that it looks pretty and offer to take it out to dinner sometime.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    not knowing what everything is to you these are a couple of suggestions. restart your computer restart your pre try another usb port or cable make sure your pre is not in usb mode or media sync mode.
    oh I should point out the usb disk mode is different from "usb mode" (when you plug the pre in normal style).
  6. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    As with most computer problems, while taking the battery out of the pre and what not, go ahead and give your computer a restart, tell it that it looks pretty and offer to take it out to dinner sometime.
    Haha thats on the list of things I've tried. She didn't like the restaurant obviously.
  7. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post

Thanks this method worked but now my WOSD is stuck at 3% (for about 20 minutes now).
    hmm had the same thing happen on mine. I believe I let the battery fully charge and tried again (although I can't quite remember)
    i've ran into similar issue on 2 pres in my household. the thing that solved it was to enable developer mode by typing in "webos20090606" in universal search, reboot, then running WebOSDoctor.

try it out and see if that helps you.
    I got stuck on 3% too. I HAD to have dev mode on, because my laptop would not recognize it with it not on, so I doubt dev mode has anything to do with it...

I would charge it like thehomelessguy said.