View Poll Results: Would you like Palm to add the traditional Direct Synch on Pr?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES PLEASE ! I want to Synch. Directly to my PC without a third party

9 26.47%
  • Yes my personal Information is very valuable to me.

6 17.65%
  • Yes, Why PRE Phone is different?

2 5.88%
  • No, I like the new way Palm has created the Sych. process.

22 64.71%
  • No, I believe those Servers could offers some security

3 8.82%
  • YES I want to Synch without logging into Internet or using another program

6 17.65%
  • Yes, I don't trust those Servers or third party programs

2 5.88%
  • No, I love the new concept of sending my personal data to those servers

5 14.71%
  • Yes, I trust those Servers and thirth party programs

1 2.94%
  • PLEASE PALM INC. GIVE US THAT OPTION

7 20.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This is going to be a good one. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by dov2000 View Post
    SO NOW PALM WANTS US TO SEND OUR PRIVATE DATA TO ANOTHER COMPUTER (or SERVER) via internet where it could be hacked or copied by any of these daily hackers who are usually hunting for big servers like Google, facebook, etc., to break in to…..
    They have better things to do than try to hack Palm. Seriously. There's no pride in that.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I hear BlackBerries do this... Yeaaaaaahhhhh... I believe you have my stapler?
    I am so tired of these "Palm doesn't provide X feature" therefore "they have let us all down and will go under because of it".

All these threads do is make obvious to us that the OP of such threads are ignorant consumers. They do not even do a little bit of research before making a very expensive purchase.

Where and when has Palm ever stated that they would provide an desktop sync option. In fact I believe Palm made a big hoopla about moving towards a cloud based sync solution. If this was not what you needed then you made the mistake of purchasing a product that does not meet your personal needs.

So to all OP's who are ready and waiting to pounce on Palm for excluding a certain feature that is a make or break deal to you , ask yourself is it Palm's fault or yourself for not researching a product to ensure it meets your needs? (The answer is you)

The only thing anyone can honestly complain about is Palm advertising itunes syncing and now not being able to follow through. (Please don't take this as me wanting Palm to bring back itunes sync. I don't want it and actually never used it).
    Palm moved on to a better technology.
    Apple dumped support for my Commodore 64.
    Just call me Berd.
    By the way apparently the OP has no use for spell check or grammar check either. "Synch" ... really do a one google search and you will immediately find out its Sync.
    i personally cant really stand google and dont want to sync with them and would like the option to sync with my computer . that would be very nice indeed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by dov2000 View Post
    Im very disappointed of your new Palm PRE,since you missed some important point for Palm Users.
    This has been discussed to death before, but if you'd like;

The original Palm device sync'd only with Palm desktop, which was 100% proprietary. What you were using on your Treo was almost as far removed from that original system as the Pre is from the Treo. As a matter of fact, the Treo probably bears more similarity to the current Pre in synchronization than it did to the Palm Pilot.

No syncing to Outlook (or any other existing PIM), no syncing to email, none of that. It was to a very limited Palm Desktop application. That was enhanced by Pocket Mirror, a portion of which Palm eventually licensed, as well as a host of other third party applications.

It will take time, but if there is enough demand, there will be third party applications for the Pre as well (we've already got a desent start).
    Look, I tried Google Sync and the Google stuff doesn't work for me, but I was happy to find out there are several solutions to that.

PocketMirror, The Missing Sync, and C.. can't remember the name.

I ended up using PocketMirror and it is terrific, it hasn't failed me and I don't even have to hook up a cable, it does it via Wifi within your local network so no need to worry about the data going in the cloud or the internet. It stays in the Intranet. You house.

It was worth the money, and they like other companies are continually updating the products.

So if Palm did this themselves it would be just a version of one of these fine programs, so Palm gave a third party to develop and make some money for those of us that wanted them.

Unless you want something for free and are complaining about that, get and try one of these out. They are very good!

And as I said, as much as it's not talked a lot about, the best in my opinion is PocketMirror!

Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

this thread should be closed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12