1.    #1  
    I am currently using GSM Palm Pre (WebOS 1.31) with Preware, patches, themes and hacked the App Catalog with 1.13 file.

DO I have to use Web doctor 1.31 first to restore the phone and then update to 1.3.5.2?

I am pretty much a new users and I just installed Preware a couple of weeks after 1.31 was released so I am not sure what i need to do in order to update the WebOS with Preware installled.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Ill just wait for couple days for WebosDoctor to show up
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Ill just wait for couple days for WebosDoctor to show up
    YOu mean WebOS Doctor for 1.3.52?

Can't I just run WebOS Doctor for 1.31 to restore the phone and then I can run update to get 1.3.52?
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I am currently using GSM Palm Pre (WebOS 1.31) with Preware, patches, themes and hacked the App Catalog with 1.13 file.

DO I have to use Web doctor 1.31 first to restore the phone and then update to 1.3.5.2?

I am pretty much a new users and I just installed Preware a couple of weeks after 1.31 was released so I am not sure what i need to do in order to update the WebOS with Preware installled.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Here's what i did:
    - remove the themes
    - reinstall app catalog 1.3.1 as stated at the the end here I don't know if it's necessary, but I did this a few days ago, and my update was smooth.
    - update to the latest Preware and Package Manager Service. If you need to reinstall them to get them working, ensure you use WebOS Quick Install 2.96.
    - run the EPR from preware before updating, as to remove all patches.
    - update
    - run the EMH from preware after updating.
    ah great
    But the EMH doesn't restore the patches, does it?

Or, is there a way to restore the patches once a new version is installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    But the EMH doesn't restore the patches, does it?

Or, is there a way to restore the patches once a new version is installed?
    that would be: reinstalling them.
    Please follow the instructions in the stickied thread at the top of the GSM Pre forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...es-issues.html

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    that would be: reinstalling them.
    Duh, ok... The question should have been, a "fast and easy" way to restore the patches