Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am currently using GSM Palm Pre (WebOS 1.31) with Preware, patches, themes and hacked the App Catalog with 1.13 file.

    DO I have to use Web doctor 1.31 first to restore the phone and then update to 1.3.5.2?

    I am pretty much a new users and I just installed Preware a couple of weeks after 1.31 was released so I am not sure what i need to do in order to update the WebOS with Preware installled.

    Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks.
  2. pman_lt's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #2  
    Ill just wait for couple days for WebosDoctor to show up
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Ill just wait for couple days for WebosDoctor to show up
    YOu mean WebOS Doctor for 1.3.52?

    Can't I just run WebOS Doctor for 1.31 to restore the phone and then I can run update to get 1.3.52?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I am currently using GSM Palm Pre (WebOS 1.31) with Preware, patches, themes and hacked the App Catalog with 1.13 file.

    DO I have to use Web doctor 1.31 first to restore the phone and then update to 1.3.5.2?

    I am pretty much a new users and I just installed Preware a couple of weeks after 1.31 was released so I am not sure what i need to do in order to update the WebOS with Preware installled.

    Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Here's what i did:
    - remove the themes
    - reinstall app catalog 1.3.1 as stated at the the end here I don't know if it's necessary, but I did this a few days ago, and my update was smooth.
    - update to the latest Preware and Package Manager Service. If you need to reinstall them to get them working, ensure you use WebOS Quick Install 2.96.
    - run the EPR from preware before updating, as to remove all patches.
    - update
    - run the EMH from preware after updating.
  5. Deli's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    #5  
    ah great
  6. #6  
    But the EMH doesn't restore the patches, does it?

    Or, is there a way to restore the patches once a new version is installed?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    But the EMH doesn't restore the patches, does it?

    Or, is there a way to restore the patches once a new version is installed?
    that would be: reinstalling them.
  8. #8  
    Please follow the instructions in the stickied thread at the top of the GSM Pre forum:

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...es-issues.html

    - Craig
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    that would be: reinstalling them.
    Duh, ok... The question should have been, a "fast and easy" way to restore the patches

Posting Permissions