Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    There are so many threads dealing with webOS complaints, problems, rants, bugs, errors, oversights, screw-ups, mysteries, & frustrations that it's clear this forum has those well in hand.
    A casual visit to Precentral.com could easily leave one with the impression that many complain just to complain. This latest update, though, is so dramatic that it's worth pausing to leave a few posts of thanks to the palm folks for the improvements/fixes.
    I'll start with the following observations which others can confirm, deny, or add to:

*So much less calendar lag I almost have to call it snappy
    *Restoring better browsing functionality
    *HUGE touch screen improvement (now more like 1.2). I don't even have to enlarge the precentral webpages anymore to click the links and teensy page numbers
    *Faster calendar scrolling/appointment setting
    *Faster & better google calendar search
    *Waaaaaaaay mo betta MotionApps Classic compatability (I've only had 1 MA crash in 3 days!!! - that's something I thought un possible)
    *Faster app-to-app switching
    *Love the landscape mode notifications
    *Photo capture seems faster
    *Phone app toggle between data entry and call history is speedballs compared to any previous update
    *Youtube loads faster
    *More responsive photo scrolling/orientation
    +1
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    agree
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Agreed! This was a great update and, so far, no issues for me. Battery life is much better too...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Isn't it awesome? It even fixed the memory leaks that were plaguing my Pre in 1.3.1. I love that I chose the phone where I can be playing the Sims 3, having Pandora paused in the background because I'm waiting for my car to warm up, get a email that my book has shipped, copy the shipping number into Pack n Track and switch back to the Sims 3 to satiate my new addiction. A truly amazing phone.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    1.3.1 = suck.
    1.3.5 = the win.

kudos palm!
    Well after it bricking my phone and using WebOS Doctor to repair a 100% stock phone I am enjoying it. Battery usage definitely appears to be better for me and it does feel a bit more snappy which is always a good thing. Excited to see what else lies in store for this phone.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm seeing a lot of battery drain threads due to 1.3.5. I was having the same problem with my battery draining to zero within 5 hours. I turned off "background data" and "auto locate" found under the 'Location Services' icon. I alos changed my email checking to every 6 hours instead of every half hour. Battery drain is back to normal.