1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hello guys,

Before I purchase a Palm Pre, I have a few questions I was wondering if you guys could answer.

1)When Sprint releases the 1.4 firmware update, would I be able to somehow get that update on my non sprint GSM palm pre? Or is it impossible?

2)Are there any good MSN/AIM apps?

3)I am looking forward to use this on EDGE, Would it really be that horrible?

4)Are my updates only limited to TELCEL updates, lets say an OTA is released in Germany, which is quite innovative, could I somehow take advantage of it? Is it like a Blackberry in which any country on earth that releases the update you are able to install it? Or does CDMA and GSM versions have difference in its OTA's?

5)Last but not least, If I am running the Pre on T-mobile, would I be able to take advantage of the app store? Would my app store be any different as compared to someones palm pre which operates on Sprint? Do I have to do anything extra?

I would highly appreciate it if someone could answer my questions above.

Thank you very much in advance.
  2. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Anybody?
    1) 1.4 will be released for all eventually. (see 4)
    2) IDK
    3) Same as your current EDGE experience in terms of speed. You'll have a better browser.
    4) To date you are able to substitute the WebOS.tar in WebOSDoctor.jar to run other versions.
    5) Your view of the App Catalog is customised based on the market in which you purchased you Pre, not your carrier.
  4. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    5) Your view of the App Catalog is customised based on the market in which you purchased you Pre, not your carrier.
    Thanks for your response John,
    However as far your response above is concerned, could you elaborate on that? If I am in the USA and planning to use the phone in the USA,would I get access to the same apps as Sprint USA users are? Despite the fact that I am on GSM based carrier?

Id like to have access to the same apps that sprint users have.