Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    So here's my situation, I would appreciate any help or advice you can give:

Our family will be ditching our land-line phone and porting that number to a Sprint line in our family plan ($40 vs. $17 with Sprint.... no-brainer) We rarely get land-line phonecalls anymore, but figured we still wanted to keep that number because it's registered with everything of ours, and select family members still only call it. With that said, the phone being used for it really doesn't matter since we get maybe one call a day.

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Pixi for that line, so I could switch between the Pixi and Pre at any time. I checked with Sprint and they are telling me that I can swap phones between lines with no fee at any time (can anyone confirm or have experience?), but I was wondering about everything also about the phone.

Would I basically have to doctor both phones each time I wanted to switch? Is there a way to load Palm Profiles without doctoring? Obviously my only concern here is losing patches and homebrew and such, (not a big concern in reality) but I was wondering if anyone had any insight regarding tihs issue to share.

Thanks in advance!
    I have both a Pre and Pixi. You will need to setup two different palm profiles as they don't really play well together other then that no problem. Switching takes about 10 minutes and can be done on the sprint website.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyfrom702 View Post
    I have both a Pre and Pixi. You will need to setup two different palm profiles as they don't really play well together other then that no problem. Switching takes about 10 minutes and can be done on the sprint website.
    Thanks for the reply.

I would prefer not having to create another Palm profile. I'd hate to go a month or so without my Pre Apps that I've downloaded for $$$ whenever I switch to the Pixi. What do you mean they don't really well together? Is it not possible at all?

Also, switching lines on the website. Is that with the "Activate a New Phone" link, or are you just referring to Sprint Chat? The rep on Sprint Chat told me my only two options were through calling them or using the web-chat.
    I use the "activate" link. As far as the profiles they will start overwriting each other. You can do a erase and you won't have any problems but that would be a pain. They work together until you make a change and then the overwrite starts. After a couple switches you start having problems. I found it easier to just have two profiles. This is specially problematic if you have stuff on your pre that doesn't work on the pixi like classic and such. It will try to download it anyway.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Interesting. When you speak of doing an "erase", I assume you're talking about WebOSDoctor? If so, how were you switching profiles without doctoring?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Bump, any other advice would be greatly appreciated