Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    USA/Indiana
    No update available for me, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    USA/Indiana
    there is no "yet" about it for American's.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    USA/Indiana
    probably wont see an update until feb. Thats when 1.4 is supposed to hit. This update is for our pre brothers and sisters in europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    there is no "yet" about it for American's.
    yeah, the description that was translated and posted sounds a lot like the update we just got.
    1.3.5.1 and 1.3.5.2 are practically the same update, the difference is minor and is more carrier related. U.S. will not receive this update.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    1.3.5.1 and 1.3.5.2 are practically the same update, the difference is minor and is more carrier related. U.S. will not receive this update.
    Oh, I see. First you give the +'s to Verizion, then you cheat us Americans out of a 0.0.0.1 update!! We were the ones that "beta" tested the Pre for you guys. We were the ones that went out and spent our hard earned money while the rest of the world was deciding whether to stay with Palm or have another cup of tea with their bloody fish and chips! And this is how you guys pay us back. That's it, I'm buying something else that's comparable.

Well, as soon as I find something else...

Practically the same you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Oh, I see. First you give the +'s to Verizion, then you cheat us Americans out of a 0.0.0.1 update!! We were the ones that "beta" tested the Pre for you guys. We were the ones that went out and spent our hard earned money while the rest of the world was deciding whether to stay with Palm or have another cup of tea with their bloody fish and chips! And this is how you guys pay us back. That's it, I'm buying something else that's comparable.

Lol. Could I help beta test the Pre 2?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Can you post the german link please?
  9. Fuu
    its the same like 1.3.5.1 but we got Tethering available (Germany, but Spain also confirmed) :>
    Jon said at CES it would be exclusive to Pre Plus and Pixi Plus!?

dont think Sprint would allow that (verizon will?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    its the same like 1.3.5.1 but we got Tethering available (Germany, but Spain also confirmed) :>
    Jon said at CES it would be exclusive to Pre Plus and Pixi Plus!?

dont think Sprint would allow that (verizon will?)...
    I'm pretty sure this isn't tethering in the usual sense. It allows the Pre to connect to the internet via your BT connected PC but not the other way around.

I've just tried it here at work, connected my desktop PC (with a hard wired internet connection) to my Pre by BT personal area network. I then disabled the wired connection on the PC and it could no longer connect to the internet. The Pre at the time had connection by WiFi (the PC doesn't have a WiFi card).

I daresay a fairly simple patch could open this up both ways though as all the protocols and drivers seem to be in place.

EDIT: I should say this is in the UK but I seriously doubt our version is any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm pretty sure this isn't tethering in the usual sense. It allows the Pre to connect to the internet via your BT connected PC but not the other way around.

I've just tried it here at work, connected my desktop PC (with a hard wired internet connection) to my Pre by BT personal area network. I then disabled the wired connection on the PC and it could no longer connect to the internet. The Pre at the time had connection by WiFi (the PC doesn't have a WiFi card).

I daresay a fairly simple patch could open this up both ways though as all the protocols and drivers seem to be in place.

EDIT: I should say this is in the UK but I seriously doubt our version is any different.
    Sorry, but tethering right now. Quit your Pre from the list of paired devices in your PC, and pair it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Sorry, but tethering right now. Quit your Pre from the list of paired devices in your PC, and pair it again.

Interestingly I have just got a pop-up on the Pre after playing with this for a few minutes:

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact O2 - UK for help.

So it seems it does work but the sharing status is flagged to the network and O2 block it.

Oh well, seems a hack will still be required for the once or twice a year I will find this helpful. Back to MyTether I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Interestingly I have just got a pop-up on the Pre after playing with this for a few minutes:

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact O2 - UK for help.

So it seems it does work but the sharing status is flagged to the network and O2 block it.

Oh well, seems a hack will still be required for the once or twice a year I will find this helpful. Back to MyTether I guess.
    I'm from Spain, maybe that's the difference, but in frontpage there are people tethering from UK. Maybe it's a missconfiguration from O2 part. (My Pre was the first sold in the store, and Movistar kept me calling them two day until found someone who knows what configuration to do in the network). My advice: call O2.

we all need to chill. Europeans have always been lagging behind you Yanks, so there's no reason to freak now that they are ahead by 0.0.0.1!

if they got the 1.4 update first i would understand your rant. heh.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Point one ahead, damn we’re being spoilt in sunny Europe. Doesn’t quiet call for a end zone dance though

Installed successfully after removing all patches, nice smooth install so happy there.

Interested in the Bluetooth change, does anyone know whether this ‘might’ lead to an app to control the PS3? I’m hoping a techie might know the answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    we all need to chill. Europeans have always been lagging behind you Yanks, so there's no reason to freak now that they are ahead by 0.0.0.1!

if they got the 1.4 update first i would understand your rant. heh.
    I was kidding.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12