1.    #1  
    I want to jail break my pre. When i download an app where can I go to open the download. I down loaded a wall picture and I dont know where to go and open the down load
    Jail Break? That term doesn't really apply here...

Consider reading this to learn about the basics of Homebrew and patches:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

If you download a photo than open the photo app.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Agree.

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    can you be more clear on what your trying to do? i think i lost you somewhere.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    If you meant wallpaper, it is in your gallery, an app just adds to the launcher. No jalibreaking taking place here, that term is something totally different.

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Ok sorry I mean I want to add themes and other apps like virture keyboard and flashlight. I did everything that was on the precentral webpage on how to intall themes but it does not work. I first checked the java it was good. then I downloaded the web os 2.96. Can anyone help me again. Sorry I have not been specific. I really want to add themes. Can anyone help me
  7.    #7  
    Ok sorry I mean I want to add themes and other apps like virture keyboard and flashlight. I did everything that was on the precentral webpage on how to intall themes but it does not work. I first checked the java it was good. then I downloaded the web os 2.96. Can anyone help me again. Sorry I have not been specific. I really want to add themes. Can anyone help me !
    so if i understand correctly, youhave preware on your phone, you downloaded a theme and only the wallpaper shows up? did you reboot your phone? usually after you install a theme you reboot your phone.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    have the original software on it. I tried to down load the theme using the steps and I cannot transfer it to my phone
    ok, so i take it you did it this way: http://www.precentral.net/how-install-themes-your-pre

i've never done it that way.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Taking bets he forget to turn dev mode on.

OP look here How to install HomeBrew On Your Pre
    follow this video on youtube to install preware on your phone.

Follow only the first 1:30sec

once you have preware on your phone, launch preware, go to installed packages, check to see if there is a section for theme. if not, then go back and click available packages, click theme, there you can browse through themes and even see screenshots of what they look like on your phone. I recommend that you uninstall previous themes before you install new ones.

i was thinking the same but he said he got it connected to quickinstall so i assumed dev mode was on. i recommend this person use preware, it will save them headaches in the future.

I have a question when I go to install certain apps i get an error msg about the IPJK from preware, and when I try to get an app from the app store i get an error msg of install falling and I need to restart my phone. I do it and still nothing is done. Can someone please help?
    thread hijacking wont get you help make a new thread or search forums its been mentioned a dozen times
  16.    #16  
    I turn it on. I followed the steps
  17.    #17  
    What way did you do it. Hopefully it can be easier. What is preware. Where can I down load it and will it make it easier for me
    i do it the way i sent you in post #12, if you followed the steps it will walk you through putting preware on the phone, then it will tell you to reboot. after you reboot you will see a preware icon in your launcher. once you have preware you don't need to use webosquickinstall. all you have to do is click the preware icon and you can do everything from here over the internet.

including themes.

Also, since i see you are new here you can go in there and download patches, stuff like percent next to battery, date showing up at the top w/ the time, vibration when you use dialpad ect... there are a bunch of patches...

just remember when webos 1.4 comes out you need to remove all Themes and Patches from your phone before installing the update if not you will have lots of issues. once the update is done you can just reinstall your patches and themes and everything should be good.

19.    #19  
    oK I will check that out and try installing the preware on my phone. To really summerize what your saying you dont do it the way precentral says it to do now you can install the software strait on the phone and then install the themes. Right
  20.    #20  
    I installed the preware on my phone and i went to the themes and downloaded a theme from precentral but it did not take. what do you think was the problem