Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Downloaded and then while unpacking just stopped, said it had lost connection and now downloading again from the start! boo-hoo! i want to go to sleep... but I'm impatient
    After the installation when I start the App Catalog I get an error message that I should try later...I have no preware installed..Does anybody else experience the same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    After the installation when I start the App Catalog I get an error message that I should try later...I have no preware installed..Does anybody else experience the same issue?
    Yes i do, im hoping it will be fixed tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    Same here
    little update on my front, appstore loads again, but i only habe 92 apps, was at 140 sometime last week
    that the exact same number i have on my gsm pre with the sprint 1.3.5... and i thought the catalog is broken
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Version information
    Release date: 11 January 2010
    New applications

NONE
    Feature changes to existing applications
    App Catalog
    App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    Calendar
    In Day view, switching between days happens more quickly.
    This release fixes an issue in which the Calendar app displayed no events for any account after a user synchronized Calendar with an Exchange account. With this update, Calendar events now appear correctly after an Exchange sync.
    Date & Time
    When the user has network time zone enabled, a city and country are no longer displayed.
    Device Info
    A user can perform a full erase by pressing and holding Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds.
    Email
    A user can now edit forwarded text for all email account types.
    When the user sets up more than one Yahoo! email account, the account names displayed in Account List view include the associated email address so that the user can distinguish them.
    If an account mailbox is too full to send messages, after the user frees up space in the mailbox on the server, the user can send the messages successfully.
    The default email signature no longer includes the macron over the “e” in “Pre,” so that the product name shows correctly on a recipient’s phone.
    Messaging
    If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view.
    Phone
    The Phone app offers better handling of prepaid SIM cards.
    Regional Settings
    If the user switches the language to a locale that uses a different time format from the current locale, the time format switches automatically.
    Screen & Lock
    When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.
    System
    Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.
    If the user is working in an application that supports landscape mode (such as Web or Videos), notifications now appear at the bottom of the landscape screen.
    After a user signs in to an existing Palm profile, applications the user installed from App Catalog are restored in the background. The user can use other features of the phone while the apps are being restored.
    Swiping to delete a list item that contains a link no longer causes the link to open in the web browser.
    Updates
    After taking the 1.3.5 update, users can download future updates over a 2G (1xRTT , GPRS , EDGE ) data connection by opening Updates and tapping Download Now.
    Web
    The web browser now supports the display of animated GIFs.
    Audio files with a .3g2 extension play correctly as audio files, not video files.
    Security

This release includes a security fix to the dev portal. Credit to Kris Siegal for reporting the issue.

Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .

http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/...0_en.html#1352

I hope what highlited in Red fixes the Manual Data editing and 3G/GPRS data connections ...
    Last edited by amjz; 01/11/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    App store working ok for me now....showing 234 in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    so for once we feel better then the americans?
    I think the plus 0.0.0.1 is google syncing fix...

App catalog in Portugal is just 10 more: 124 now.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I removed my patches, installed and then ran EMH. Now I can't get Preware to run. It just gets hung up 'Downloading Feed Information'. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    I removed my patches, installed and then ran EMH. Now I can't get Preware to run. It just gets hung up 'Downloading Feed Information'. Any ideas?
    - reinstall using WebOS Quick Install 2.96.?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    - reinstall using WebOS Quick Install 2.96.?
    Just done that and still no luck, just hanging on 'donwloading feed info' again. What feeds is it referring to, as it is telling me I should disable my feeds one at a time to see which ones aren't responding...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So I just re-installed Package Manager using WebOS Quick Install 2.96 and that seems to have done the trick must have had an old version.
    Unable to connect... : O
    I like this new 1.3.5.2,.. It is snappier and it seems to handle multitasking a bit better i think.. I hope in 1.4 they make it even snappier!
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    The Phone app offers better handling of prepaid SIM cards.
    My toughts on this: 1.3.5.2 Update Goes to Europe. | The Mx Web
    @glorifiedg: haha nice,.. i like the conclusion part the most.
    Just FYI, I'm in Australia with German Pre and Telstra SIM card. Last night, with some trepidation, I updated to 1.3.5.2, and after a day of use boy am I thrilled!

I've read all the forums since US release of this update, and most people seem to focus on stuff that is fairly unimportant to me, but what IS important to me are the fundamentals:

1) Battery life more than 50% longer.
    2) Every internal app is much faster - especially Web and email.
    3) Sound seems crisper in phone calls.

This is what I use a smartphone for. All else is just fluff for those who are passionate.

I have NOT found anything adverse at all. The App catalog came up fine (134 free apps by the way here in AU).

My wish list for the future can be summarised as:
    1) more battery life still (couple of days of moderate use please, like my Treo 650)
    2) more user-settable settings in the drop-downs
    3) the ability to sync with my laptop Outlook using Bluetooth rather than USB or WiFi 3rd-party apps.

I've only had the phone a month, and really didn't expect it to work on the other side of the world. But I've already had two seamless fantastic updates from Palm, and all my gripes have been about 3rd party sync apps rather than the Pre itself.

Palm deserves every one of the accolades that are starting to flow in the past few weeks. WebOS is everything I hoped it would be, and is coming together nicely. It is moving from "vapourware" to become a pretty solid, stable and exciting package of "masterware".
    Can someone from germany confirm, that the O2 sms bug is resolved now? Couldn't find an official statement anywhere on the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    Can someone from germany confirm, that the O2 sms bug is resolved now? Couldn't find an official statement anywhere on the net.
    what character(s) do I have to use to test that? don't know exactly, which ones caused the bug (at least no characters that I use regularly...didn't recognize any problems with 1.3.1)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast