Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Portugal: Is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    muahahahhaha
    i have it here in the uk..well its downloading
  3. TBH
    Germany: Here it is!! I'm *so* excited!! But why is it 1.3.5.2 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Germany: Here it is!! I'm *so* excited!! But why is it 1.3.5.2 ?
    so for once we feel better then the americans?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Downloading... hurrah! This habitual moaner shall be keeping his mouth shut for the next while at least until everyone else gets 1.4 ahead of us...
  6. TBH
    Don't forget to remove patches before updating .... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Don't forget to remove patches before updating .... ;-)
    done and done, though when i searched for "emergency" in preware i noticed another patch that you should run when you have installed 1.3.5. So dont forget to do that too. (cant remember the patch name but its under EPR)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    done and done, though when i searched for "emergency" in preware i noticed another patch that you should run when you have installed 1.3.5. So dont forget to do that too. (cant remember the patch name but its under EPR)
    Don't forget you may need to do an EMH after the update, to move any homebrew apps to the new directory.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    do you mean the "Emergency Migration Helper"?
    may sound like a stupid question but i've purchaced a pre from ebay o2 uk version but wil be using a rebel sim with vodafone will i still be able to download the update as normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by davethedroid View Post
    may sound like a stupid question but i've purchaced a pre from ebay o2 uk version but wil be using a rebel sim with vodafone will i still be able to download the update as normal?
    Yes
    The update is currently being unpacked. I cant wait!
    its resetting after install :O

Edit wait what now theres a second install
    a finally but im running the sprint firmware right now... ok have to doctor my pre again in the next days
    Let the complaining begin..no access to the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    That's actually not the case, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $are$ $the$ $new$ $updates$ $now$ $compressed$, $makes$ $them$ $smaller$ $but$ $it$ $takes$ $an$ $extra$ $uncompressing$-$step$ $after$ $downloading$.

I hope this update-info is true for Germany (and of course the rest of Palm-Europe )!

And if the .2 is correct, maybe it's just an extra fix for the SMS problem (special characters reduce the message size to 70 chars).
    1.3.5+ updates use binary diffs. Updates have always been compressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Don't forget you may need to do an EMH after the update, to move any homebrew apps to the new directory.
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Installation took 11 minutes. My Pre is now rebooting after installation for the first time.

UPDATE
    Now it says that it is updating the system. I guess it is moving all apps to the media partition
    Don't forget to make sure you are running the latest Preware and Package Manager Service before updating. Make sure you use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later to reinstall if you need to.

Make sure you run EPR before updating.

Make sure you run EMH after updating.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    no app catalog is not a 1.3.5.2 only problem, i'm currently on 1.3.5.1 (made a webos doctor with 1.3.5), could update tonight to 1.3.5.1, not .2 and have the same problem, the catalog app doesn't even start for me
    Downloading from Spain... (very slow)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast