Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully this is just a stupid Verizon rep and not a reflection of on Verizons lack luster approach to the Palm Pre Verizon launch.

My mom called Verizon to talk about exchanging her Droid for a Pre...Not only did the lady not know the Pre was launching 14 days from now but she had no idea what a Pre was or that Verizon was getting one.

I think it is safe to say at this point that Palm will not be getting even close to the push that Verizon gave the Droid.
    The Droid is still their flagship phone; they're probably not going to drop it for quite a while. It's only been out for 2 months, and the major push was for Christmas.

Pre has been touted for 7 months. Outside of the people around here, most potential customers won't know/care about the small boost in specs. There's no need to have a huge launch for a 7 month old phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Hopefully this is just a stupid Verizon rep and not a reflection of on Verizons lack luster approach to the Palm Pre Verizon launch.

My mom called Verizon to talk about exchanging her Droid for a Pre...Not only did the lady not know the Pre was launching 14 days from now but she had no idea what a Pre was or that Verizon was getting one.

I think it is safe to say at this point that Palm will not be getting even close to the push that Verizon gave the Droid.
    You have to understand, commissioned sales reps anywhere can make $0.00 today on a device that is going to be out tomorrow.

They will almost always feign ignorance until the device is launched, or shortly before.
  4.    #4  
    I agree.. But how about informing their employees it even exist.

I'm a sales rep for VZW. The customer service reps are a gamble ... sometimes you get somebody who is super helpful and well informed, sometimes you get someone who is clueless ... other times you get somebody who should be fired.

VZW is pretty excited about this launch, actually ... We had a training session last night with hands on the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus (5 of EACH) ... We didn't get a hands on with Droid before launch.

Just wait ... I'm sure VZW will advertise the HELL out of these new phones ... but there is no pricing information available.

Your mom shouldn't expect to get a Pre Plus BEFORE the launch date.

I know everything you'd like to know about the Pre, but even I couldn't help her with information about switching a customer to one because the only thing set in stone is the launch date.

Have her call on Jan 25th, or better yet, come to a store where somebody like me can help her properly.

~Bowen
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Bowen. She is not trying to get one before the release date. Basically she was just wanting an extension on her time period to return her Droid because she hates it and loves my Sprint Pre... No sprint service where she lives though.

I hope you are right about VZW being excited about the Pre.
    Last edited by GoTitans; 01/11/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Sprint Reps didn't know what the Pre was up until the month before sometimes.

Its just ignorant CSRs. bottom line.
    I have had three palm phones on Verizon over a period of years and have had to wait for months for each new device to come to the carrier. When Verizon announces a release date, about the only thing you can get from the sales reps and techs is confirmation of the date. I have waited 6 months for the pre on Verizon and glad to see that they will be carrying updated devices, but know well that I will pay for every little feature. If you compare Sprint and Verizon’s unlimited family plans, the prices appears to be the same, but Data and Text are included on Sprint and extra on Verizon. I’m sure the announced “3G mobile hotspot is a separately-purchased feature added to a voice and data plan” will also cost plenty. I like Verizon’s coverage and have had little problems getting customer service when needed. I also know that if you need any additional information on the Pre Plus or the Pixi Plus, your best bet is precentral.net and not your local Verizon store. (I am anxiously awaiting January 25 to get my Pre Plus)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have no useful information to add to this thread.

But I love your puppy avatar.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    I remember how frustrating it was explaining to Sprint CSRs that I was talking about the Palm PRE, not the Palm (Treo) PRO... That continued until a few months after the Pre was released.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Bowen, where are you located? I have a friend on Verizon who would like this phone, went to 3 different stores and spoke to 5 reps and only 1 knew the launch date was the 25th (one rep said the droid was better as palm doesn't work with outlook without needing 3rd party software).
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbowen1982 View Post
    ...The customer service reps are a gamble ... sometimes you get somebody who is super helpful and well informed, sometimes you get someone who is clueless ... other times you get somebody who should be fired.....
    This is what a company should focus on, proper training and updates. Not just through E-mails, but incremental meets or however. This is what irks me the most when calling somewhere and getting someone that doesn't know the first thing about their job.

I work for Tech and customer support for my Cable ISP, even though its not a cellular company, it's still a call center. If there is someone that doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. They will either get more training from our QA team that picked up on it or can ask for more training whenever. On top of not having to worry about looking like an incompetent rep or fear of termination. You have to be a complete re-"special person" to get fired from here.

A company 's customer service is almost as important if not more important then the product/services it offers. You could sell utter crap but if you have pretty damn good customer service it will still make people happy. Same the other way around too. If you have great products/services yet poor customer service (India tech or American) It will make you look bad.
    I swear the 25th isn't coming soon enough!! Can't wait to get rid of awful AT&T.
    Thanks Bowen. She is not trying to get one before the release date. Basically she was just wanting an extension on her time period to return her Droid because she hates it and loves my Sprint Pre... No sprint service where she lives though.

have her return the Droid and go back to whatever phone she was using before until the Pre launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    I swear the 25th isn't coming soon enough!! Can't wait to get rid of awful AT&T.
    just curious, but what was/is wrong with Sprint?
    Seen some tweets that there are some vzw employees doing training on the Pre/pixi plus and they are stoke about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    just curious, but what was/is wrong with Sprint?
    Nothing is wrong with Sprint, I would actually rather use that carrier for the prices but the reason I never got the pre was because of the 8GB. As soon as I heard about the 16gb space that pretty much sold it for me. And lets not forget 512mb of RAM, thats freaking awesome!!! I don't actually mind Verizon too much so i'll deal plus I'm probably gonna buy a Nexus One as a back up phone.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Weird that the phone launches in 2 weeks and there isn't anything about it any where. No ads or anything.
    They announced it 4 days ago..

Ahhh, I see. +1 to the suggestion about returning the Droid and going back to her old device ... ALTHOUGH, we hate doing this ... used phones are a bummer to get out of inventory, and she might have to pay restocking fees depending on whether she sent in the mail in rebate or not, condition of the phone (scratches), condition of the box, etc.

~Bowen
    Lol it'll still sell like hotcakes in my opinion because of that form factor, its so small and awesome. Plus I know a lot of people that were waiting on the VZW Pre and I think they'll pick up advertising once they get closer to launch and announce a price i'll be happy with anything from 149 to 199. Although I would want 149 personally.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast