Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Bowen, where are you located? I have a friend on Verizon who would like this phone, went to 3 different stores and spoke to 5 reps and only 1 knew the launch date was the 25th (one rep said the droid was better as palm doesn't work with outlook without needing 3rd party software).
    I'm in the northern Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Don't worry, it takes time to get people trained in. I'm ahead of the curve because I HAD to have a Pre, and I couldn't wait any longer than September lol. On Jan 25th, everyone will know what's up with the Pre.

~Bowen
    Last edited by sirbowen1982; 01/11/2010 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Bowen, where are you located? I have a friend on Verizon who would like this phone, went to 3 different stores and spoke to 5 reps and only 1 knew the launch date was the 25th (one rep said the droid was better as palm doesn't work with outlook without needing 3rd party software).
    That's the part about ignorant CSRs that bugs the ^$#@#$ out of me. So clueless, they lose a sale and misrepresent the product. If I was a Palm rep overhearing that conversation I would be livid.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Weird that the phone launches in 2 weeks and there isn't anything about it any where. No ads or anything.
    Not very prominent on their site (yet), but...

Palm® Pre™ Plus and Palm® Pixi™ Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Thanks Bowen. She is not trying to get one before the release date. Basically she was just wanting an extension on her time period to return her Droid because she hates it and loves my Sprint Pre... No sprint service where she lives though.

I hope you are right about VZW being excited about the Pre.
    If she does hate the Droid, she should return it. Is using her old phone an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    This is what a company should focus on, proper training and updates. Not just through E-mails, but incremental meets or however. This is what irks me the most when calling somewhere and getting someone that doesn't know the first thing about their job.

I work for Tech and customer support for my Cable ISP, even though its not a cellular company, it's still a call center. If there is someone that doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. They will either get more training from our QA team that picked up on it or can ask for more training whenever. On top of not having to worry about looking like an incompetent rep or fear of termination. You have to be a complete re-"special person" to get fired from here.

A company 's customer service is almost as important if not more important then the product/services it offers. You could sell utter crap but if you have pretty damn good customer service it will still make people happy. Same the other way around too. If you have great products/services yet poor customer service (India tech or American) It will make you look bad.
    I want to clarify something here ... I've worked for just about every major cellular provider and I can honestly say VZW's CSR's are [!THE BEST!], although Sprint has made a major effort to improve their customer service.

As far as I know, ALL of our call centers are in the U.S. It's not very often at all that I speak with someone who doesn't know how to do their job well ... 1 out of 100 calls. Sometimes they may not be the most knowledgeable, but they talk to the right people to get the answers they don't already have. I didn't mean to make it sound like our CSR's are terrible ... in fact, as I said, one my favorite things about working for VZW is knowing that when I call CSR there wont be a struggle to make them understand the situation.

~Bowen
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbowen1982 View Post
    I want to clarify something here ... I've worked for just about every major cellular provider and I can honestly say VZW's CSR's are [!THE BEST!], although Sprint has made a major effort to improve their customer service.

As far as I know, ALL of our call centers are in the U.S. It's not very often at all that I speak with someone who doesn't know how to do their job well ... 1 out of 100 calls. Sometimes they may not be the most knowledgeable, but they talk to the right people to get the answers they don't already have. I didn't mean to make it sound like our CSR's are terrible ... in fact, as I said, one my favorite things about working for VZW is knowing that when I call CSR there wont be a struggle to make them understand the situation.

~Bowen
    I apologize, didn't mean any disrespect. I know no company is with out bad eggs. Just emphasizing that customer service reflects greatly on the company reputation. Some companies should do a little more focusing on the customer experience end of their consumer interaction.

I became a geek for the sole fact I didn't want to call India for half-azzed support or pay outrageous prices for repair. That and the income is higher than most other fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Thanks Bowen. She is not trying to get one before the release date. Basically she was just wanting an extension on her time period to return her Droid because she hates it and loves my Sprint Pre... No sprint service where she lives though.

I hope you are right about VZW being excited about the Pre.
    No service as in not any at all in her town or just her house? If she has a high speed internet connection she could get an airave. I have one and it works great. Plus (depending on how trustworthy/how much you like your mother) you could just add her to your plan and charge her 30-40 bucks a month assuming you already have a family plan. With the unlimited mobile to mobile minutes I have been no where near my quota and have made that exact offer to my family and inlaws (will probably get my little sister a pre on my plan once she enters her new graduate program).
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    I apologize, didn't mean any disrespect. I know no company is with out bad eggs. Just emphasizing that customer service reflects greatly on the company reputation. Some companies should do a little more focusing on the customer experience end of their consumer interaction.

I became a geek for the sole fact I didn't want to call India for half-azzed support or pay outrageous prices for repair. That and the income is higher than most other fields.
    No worries! I realized after reading what I said about some CSR's needing to loose their jobs that I hadn't really represented them the way they deserve, and I felt the need to clarify.

I agree completely ... have you ever had to call in to Tracfone customer service? It's so horrible ... I can't even describe it. It's good to see some companies recognizing the importance of having good CSR's.

Sprint for example. Last couple times I've had to call in, my conversations ended with me wanting to marry my reps. When I called in to change my account from an employee account to consumer, one girl actually told me I could keep my $29.99/mo unlimited broadband card (it was an employee deal from back in the day). I thought I would be forced to drop it, and she was like "What? You want to drop it? That's crazy! I'd keep that line forever! You could have some body assume liability instead." It was the definition of awesome.

~Bowen
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbowen1982 View Post
    I'm in the northern Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Don't worry, it takes time to get people trained in. I'm ahead of the curve because I HAD to have a Pre, and I couldn't wait any longer than September lol. On Jan 25th, everyone will know what's up with the Pre.

~Bowen
    Duluth?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    No service as in not any at all in her town or just her house? If she has a high speed internet connection she could get an airave. I have one and it works great. Plus (depending on how trustworthy/how much you like your mother) you could just add her to your plan and charge her 30-40 bucks a month assuming you already have a family plan. With the unlimited mobile to mobile minutes I have been no where near my quota and have made that exact offer to my family and inlaws (will probably get my little sister a pre on my plan once she enters her new graduate program).
    Thanks for suggestion but there is not sprint service at all in her little town. All the town has is ATT and Verizon and ATT is out because they have no 3G service there yet. When I go to visit her I have full bars roaming on verizon no matter where I go. If I could have I would have got her on the much more economical Sprint service long ago.

I am going to suggest her find a friend that has an old verizon phone that she can use till the Pre comes out so she can return the droid before the return period runs out. She was on ATT before so doesn't already have another verizon phone. She really wants a smart phone but the droid is just a little to geeky for her... She loves my pre thoug and picked up on how to use it quickly.
  11.    #31  
    Bowen, Also I wanted to respond to what you said about Verizon hating to take back used phones.

My mom didn't go into the store asking for the droid. She wanted a smart phone and the rep pushed the droid on her...now I understand that droid is the big push for verizon right now but it was very irresponible of a sales rep to sell a phone like the droid to someone like my mom who is obviously not the most tech savy person in the world. In my opinion they were asking for the phone to be returned. Besides.. You gotta be happy with a device you are going to be spending the next 2 years with.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12