Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched for this but never saw anything that came close...(out of the 10 million hits those terms in the subject line returned)...

When going into the Updates application and it says there are application updates, then forwards you to the App Catalog with a list of MyApps. But none of the applications show up with the little icon next to them saying there is an update available.

If I go into each app installed from the catalog, I will eventually find the one or two that are updated and then when going back to the MyApps list it will show the icon with the new version number in it.

Why does it not show those apps that have updates immediately? Does anyone else see this behavior?

I am wondering if it has to do with the Homebrew apps I have installed because they show up in that MyApps list too, but are obviously not from the app catalog.
    when i brings you to the app catalog showing your installed apps there should be an update all button at the bottom. when you hit this you will see a progress bar for the apps being updated. one at a time. I'm not sure why it show you all the apps instead of the one that need updating.
    ok i just tried what i said and the update all doesn't seem to appear until you have gone click on a app that requires an update and back out with out updating. not sure what's up.
    Having the same issue, I never see "Phone up to date" I always get (see screen shot below).

I have both paid apps and home brew showing up.

I go through each one and they are "up to date" what gives?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mbsprinter; 01/22/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Yeah this is pretty janky, and palm should look into fixing this with 1.4. I had the same problem last night. I kept hitting the update all button and nothing would happen. So I went to preware where it showed the two apps needing to be updated, hit the update button for each and it took me directly to the apps in the app store and I was able to update properly, from there. This is definitely not good.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I always see this same issue as well.. Always displays 'Application updates are available', but none of the apps say which one.

Out of curiosity - for those showing the same behavior, do you also home homebrew apps installed via Preware? I have a few, and they are listed in the 'My Applications', but of course clicking on them gets 'xxxx is not a valid WebOS application' -- I wonder if that throws off the updater.
    This just happened to me today. I checked for updates, it says application updates are now available. When I click on the "show updates" button it takes me to My Applications, but nothing there needs updated.

Strange...but I guess as long as it's not the 1.4 update, I'm not going to worry too much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Already a thread? You just created it on 02/13...this thread that we are posting in was created last month for the same issue.
    Does anyone else have duplicate applications directories? See my post here for more info. I wonder if this could be contributing to the problem?

I'm having the same issue. I checked to see if I had duplicate application directories using Internalz, no duplicates.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Ok....I found what was causing my particular issue that showed application updates were available but no updates were listed when I clicked on update button.

The problem just happened to me within the last day or so. I remember downloading "The Helicopter Game" from the app catalog, played with it awhile and didn't care for it. I removed it via Preware instead of using the orange button and pressing the app and deleting it that way.

So, just now, I re-installed The Helicopter Game from the app catalog, checked for updates and I'm now getting the correct "Your phone is up to date" screen.

I then deleted The Helicopter game using the orange button/pressing app method and checked for updates and got the correct screen again.

So, that's what fixed it for me, maybe someone else may have some luck!
    I think you are on the right path there, but I'm not entirely sure it is entirely correct yet. I get the same update screen and I don't run any preware stuff (almost have to run a stock device for work) But I believe it does have to do with an application being deleted and the device still thinking the application is there and that there is an update available. Although I can't fully confirm that yet.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    same problem here.. I don't understand why it always says there are app updates when all my apps are up to date..

I never get the phone up to date message anymore and I don't have any home brew apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I think you are on the right path there, but I'm not entirely sure it is entirely correct yet.
    Maybe it was just that particular game that caused the problem. After trying numerous things, I finally went back and thought what I had done right before I started having problems and it was the installation/removal of the helicopter game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Maybe it was just that particular game that caused the problem. After trying numerous things, I finally went back and thought what I had done right before I started having problems and it was the installation/removal of the helicopter game.
    My thought is it could be *any* game that was once removed from the device that now has an update and the device being that it remembers every application you have ever downloaded so you can quickly and easily re-download them identifies the application as being "on" your phone and now needing an update.

So you get the updates are available for applications and takes you to your my apps page which lists only the updates that are on your device.

Now that I am sitting here typing this out it kind of makes since. Let me play around on my device and see if I can make the problem go away.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Ok so I now have the "Your phone is up to date" screen.

Other users who are experiencing this issue please try these steps to see if it fixes it for you

1. Launch app catalog
    2. Click the shopping bag at the far right hand corner
    3. Install all updates
    4. Check to see if your device is "up to date"
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Ok so I now have the "Your phone is up to date" screen.

Other users who are experiencing this issue please try these steps to see if it fixes it for you

1. Launch app catalog
    2. Click the shopping bag at the far right hand corner
    3. Install all updates
    4. Check to see if your device is "up to date"
    That was one of the things that I had previously tried (numerous times.) I launched the app catalog, clicked on the shopping bag, it listed all my apps but nowhere did it give me an option to install all updates. No updates were listed as being available.
    Ok so we are looking at possibly two potential scenarios here (and you will have to pardon my ignorance on preware).

But scenario 1 that could cause this issue is possibly removing an application through preware instead of actually uninstalling it through the "official" means.

Scenario 2 is that updates could be cached (for lack of a better term) and the update application is still seeing updates for applications no longer being used.

As we identify these scenarios that we can confirm are causing the issue I will forward to our engineering department to see what we can do about it to avoid the issue to continue to come up.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Ok so we are looking at possibly two potential scenarios here (and you will have to pardon my ignorance on preware).

But scenario 1 that could cause this issue is possibly removing an application through preware instead of actually uninstalling it through the "official" means.

Scenario 2 is that updates could be cached (for lack of a better term) and the update application is still seeing updates for applications no longer being used.
    That's what I was thinking, 2 issues causing the same problem. I do know that I've removed apps from the app catalog in the past via Preware and never had an issue, so maybe it's something that's changed with some of the recent updates. Either way, I'm sure the WebOS guys will get to the bottom of it, whatever the cause.

We need more info from others who are having the same problem, maybe there are some that have done what I've done, hopefully they can try my particular solution and see if it helps them.

As we identify these scenarios that we can confirm are causing the issue I will forward to our engineering department to see what we can do about it to avoid the issue to continue to come up.
    Thanks...between both "teams" I'm sure this will get figured out. Maybe the fix already exists in the 1.4 update.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast