Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok, another poster confirmed the same thing. See this thread.

The culprit in his case was the Pandora app which he had previously removed.
    I can confirm this method works. In my case, it was Friendsflow; I installed it again, removed it once more, and done: my system is now up to date!
    Ugh... going through a a long list of apps that I've had installed at one point... haven't found the culprit yet. ha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I had the same symptom as described in the original post. When I clicked the Update apps button, the App Store application would open (sometimes not displaying anything). I I manually went to the app store, clicked the shopping bag icon t see installed apps, it would tell me which apps needed updating.

I discovered that the TimeTracker app was perpetually saying it needed to be updated. When I uninstalled that app, the Update application no longer gave me the message. Now it tells me my phone is up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Ugh... going through a a long list of apps that I've had installed at one point... haven't found the culprit yet. ha
    You tell me... I know the app catalog by heart now Adding insult to injury, I even installed apps I thought about installing back in the day but never actually installed Silly me...
    Well after installing - and preforming a Luna restart after each - 9 apps that I had at one point deleted I still was getting the message.

So on suggestion, I tried running the Update PRL (which I'm fully aware has absolutely nothing to do with the App Catalog) and it did the trick. Now it's possible that it's just a coincidence, however it doesn't hurt anyone to try it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    The PRL update didn't work for me.
    Noticed it is inconsistent. I have been launching the update app a whole bunch last night and this morning (1.4 anticipation). Most times I get the application updates available, but no updates. Every so often it will take much longer 1+ min and i'll get the up to date 1.3.5.1 screen. The next time I try I'm back to "...updates available" but no updates.

Another interesting thing I just went to app catalog and clicked on the bag and viola, two updates appeared. Did the updates, launched update app... same issue, "...updates available" but no updates.

Am using "stock" Pre, no homebrew or Preware.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I think you are on the right path there, but I'm not entirely sure it is entirely correct yet. I get the same update screen and I don't run any preware stuff (almost have to run a stock device for work) But I believe it does have to do with an application being deleted and the device still thinking the application is there and that there is an update available. Although I can't fully confirm that yet.

hey any update on this. Yea its minor and others have suggested to reinstall the app and delete it by holding Orange + tap or whatever but the app I believe to be causing the issue for me switched over to a paid app.

I know the app that is causing the problem because I DR.'d my Pre a few weeks ago and the app showed up but would not download because I deleted it instead of purchasing it. Where can I go from here?

Edit: It was Flight Viewer
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Strange enough, the PRL update fixed mine....
    I had this same problem. Remember when paid apps first became available there was a problem with homebrew apps being able to bypass the payment and download the update for free? This is what was causing mine to show updates available. I used to have Word Whirl from homebrew installed, then paid apps came out and it was one of them. I was able to download the update in the App Catalog for free. I then deleted the app because the update added a lot of words that I didn't even know were words and made the game less fun to me.

At some point after that, when you would do an update search on the phone, it would specifically list the apps that had updates, and Word Whirl would be on that list even though I no longer had it on my phone. Today, I was reading about this problem here because I have been seeing this message in Updates, and figured I would try downloading Word Whirl again, so I paid for the app and it worked. My phone now tells me that my phone is up to date. I assume if I wanted to now, I could remove the app and I would not get the updates message anymore.

It looks like this fits with HardBeatZ scenario 2. By the way, I was using File Coaster at the time, not PreWare, and I have always used the orange button to delete my apps. Hope this is helpful in determining the exact cause for the problem.
    Okay doctored my phone today. When I ran to check to see if there were any updates available it did show me one, and I updated it. Checked up again and showed no available updates. Checked 3 more times and still no available updates, so I thought I was golden. I also check the app cataloug to see what the most recent app added was, so I would have a reference point just in cane it did show an app update for an app I didn't have. Just checked for updates and it is showing me an app update available for an app I don't have. I went into the app cataloug to see what has been added, and nothing as been added. Usually when an app is updated it is pushed to the top, but in my case it is not showing me anything. Anyone else have this problem and know a solution?
    I am also experiencing the "application update available" bug when there are actually no applications needing an update. This occurs with Wifi but strangely enough with 3g, the phone reports it is uptodate!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    Strange enough, the PRL update fixed mine....
    Very same thing just worked for me. Strange indeed.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I am also experiencing the "application update available" bug when there are actually no applications needing an update. This occurs with Wifi but strangely enough with 3g, the phone reports it is uptodate!
    I have been experiencing this bug as well, but it will happen on Wi-fi and on Evdo.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    The PRL update is NOT the answer... I dont know why people keep suggesting this... I guarantee everyone who is having this issue and has tried the PRL update is still having this issue unless they found the application that was causing the problem...
    I have no idea what app is causing the problem, and I have no way to finding all the apps I have downloaded. Does anyone know of a way to access a list of every app downloaded? Can it be accessed by logging into the Palm profile?
    I have tried pretty much everything suggested and I still get this bug. I have a feeling this will prevent us from seeing the 1.4 update when it's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    The PRL update is NOT the answer... I dont know why people keep suggesting this... I guarantee everyone who is having this issue and has tried the PRL update is still having this issue unless they found the application that was causing the problem...
    You are correct...mine temporarily worked and then went back to the same old thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech View Post
    You are correct...mine temporarily worked and then went back to the same old thing...

Same here. It was weird I did another prl update and the next update I did showed no updates, than the 2nd one showed the app update again. I don't see how these 2 things can be connected, but clearly we got results.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast