1.    #1  
    So, I bought and installed Need for Speed and when I press the icon the Pre will not launch it, it doesn't do anything actually. I figured it was one of the patches so I removed everything, but to no avail. I ended up doctoring the phone and then everything worked perfect, so I started installing all the patches again and Need for Speed still worked great until I tried to tether with WIFI. Once you install the patch to tether then the 3D games stop working, even if you uninstall the patch. Hopefully there will be a fix in the works for this.
    This is a known issue since doom and quake were released in homebrew.

I believe the solution for the wifi patch is to uninstall and then reboot the phone and then the game should work.
  3.    #3  
    I tried removing and rebooting a couple of times and that didn't fix it. I ended up doctoring. Is there a link to one of the other threads?
  4.    #4  
    I found the Mytether patch in the threads, gonna try it tonight and see if it works
    Hello, I was having the same problem right after I installed mytether. Previously, I doctored my phone to get things working. This time i followed the mytether patch. Here are the steps i used, there might be more detail on the actual thread about it but i wanted to post it in this thread as well.

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar
    -Enable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    -Connect phone in usb drive mode.
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.
    -Disable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3n1media View Post
    Hello, I was having the same problem right after I installed mytether. Previously, I doctored my phone to get things working. This time i followed the mytether patch. Here are the steps i used, there might be more detail on the actual thread about it but i wanted to post it in this thread as well.

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar
    -Enable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    -Connect phone in usb drive mode.
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.
    -Disable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    Worked for me, too.
    I don't have any problems playing the game I just have to remove the patch.
    naaa, get rid of my tether with the above instructions and install Mobile HotSpot and freeTether (activate IP Forwarding) and all done... even better, because now you can use WPA/WPA2 Personal
    I've had several problems after installing MyTether. I'm now just going to not reinstall it until they seem to get things straightened out. It also made my camera app not open up. It would just keep flashing the icon and act like it was going to open but it didn't.

There's gotta be a fix coming soon.
    It's been well documented that the current "Donor" version of Mytether - the only one with working WiFi capability - breaksthehelloutta your phone while the patch is applied.

It also relies on the DEV's server to un-patch so if it's having issues, you can't unpatch.

My personal recommendation is to stick with USB or BT tethering until we have a more stable WiFi solution available. :-\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz