1.    #1  
    Hey, i live in the UK and have had pre since Nov 28th.

OK
    so
    i installed themes, preware etc when i got phone..all was fine.
    then i had an update to install.. 1.3.something lol. i was half asleep and selected to install it. it wasnt until after that i remember you have to uninstal patches and themes first.
    so i then went on webos quick install and ran EPR and restarted luna etc. all still seemed ok

then tried to reinstall certain patches but some had errors (pic 1)
    downloading youtube vids and having message tone per contact were two patches i remember not working, but there were quite a few.

there was a new update to install(1.3.5.1), so i thought i would use webos quick install to remove everything then do the update.

so yesterday i try again to install these patches to see if they will work but they wont. so i thought i should run webos doc to reset phone and start again (ive done this before, by accident, and it worked fine)
    when i tried to run webos doc.. it said it was charging phone at first, and then said the phone had been disconnected and the process was interrupted (i hadnt touched phone at all)

so now my phone is frozen with the giant usb image. i try to eject phone but it wont work as computer is saying the phone is still in use. so i try to turn off... now luck. so as a last resort i remove battery (a big no no, i know, but was a bit stuck)

and since then my phone is just playing up big time.

when i finally got it back on, preware wasnt working, i could no longer turn phone off by using the power button and selecting 'power off' or 'restart', and also an ugly grey bar appeared on the sms. (pic 2)

also the phone would not connect via usb. it would only charge when connected to pc, no option to use usb or media sync came up.
    so with some help from online forum i was advised to restart computer and try to connect phone via usb by pressing up key. this worked. tried webos doc again (downloaded o2uk version so i know it was right version) but it did same thing.. cut out after a couple of mins.

i then tried to full erase phone, which worked with no problems. logged in to palm profile.. and now the following issues have arisen:

email not working, cannot send or receieve or acces inbox

preware not workin

grey bar on sms

pre app catalogue not installing pre apps

am currently running version 1.3.5.1. sms, phone and internet are working.

any ideas what to do? im going to try once again to run webos doc.. but it seems to have caused more issues.
    not sure if i should take back to store and what to tell them?!!

help!! please see attached file for screen caputres and capture of error messaging when installing patches

THANKS!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    just to clarify.. i did not try to install update 1.3.5.1 until AFTER i used webos doc.

i wasnt sure i wanted to install update, which is why i tried to install patches again rather then take them off to do update.
    webos doc stalled.. and problems ensued.. it was after this that i decided to try update.
  3.    #3  
    p.p.s. phone will only turn off if i go into device info, if i try turning off via power button it does nothing. and please ignore pic referrences, i was using that to an email i sent to friend, thanks
    This is what I would do-

1. WebOS doctor (again) to the newest version available to you, then update if needed.
    2. Enable Dev Mode
    3. Connect to WebOS Quick Install, go to Tools -> Device Management
    3. Select "Patches" from the drop down menu on the right, select any patches it thinks are installed and click the uninstall button.
    4. Select "Applications" from the drop down and do the same. In my experience, patches often show up under the applications tab instead of patches.
    5. Reboot your phone. Should be shiny.

6. Take it back to your carrier and get a replacement ... only after doing all of the above.

Hope this helps!

~Bowen
  5.    #5  
    thanks for responding
    i have removed all patches and ran EPR, phone appears clean (no apps)

am running what i believe is correct version of webos doctor

it is saying 'checking system...' and has been on this for about 10 mins now..

is this right!?
  6.    #6  
    phone is showing regular usb image (usb image on phone)

and webos is doing this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    You need to set the Pre in a update state in order for the WebOS Doctor 'next' button to be clickable.

1. Turn the phone off completely.
    2. Put wall charger into the power socket.
    3. Insert USB-cable into Pre and while pressing the Volume Up key insert the other end of the USB into the wall charger.
    4. When a USB-logo appears on the screen remove the USB-cable from the wall charger and instead plug it into your computer.
    5. The 'next' button should now be clickable so that you can run WebOS Doctor.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Try putting the Pre into Dev Mode before running WebOS Doctor. You shouldn't have to but I had a problem with it before and once I put the device in dev mode it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    You need to set the Pre in a update state in order for the WebOS Doctor 'next' button to be clickable.

1. Turn the phone off completely.
    2. Put wall charger into the power socket.
    3. Insert USB-cable into Pre and while pressing the Volume Up key insert the other end of the USB into the wall charger.
    4. When a USB-logo appears on the screen remove the USB-cable from the wall charger and instead plug it into your computer.
    5. The 'next' button should now be clickable so that you can run WebOS Doctor.
    Another way to do this-

1. Pull your battery.
    2. Plug your phone into your computer with the usb cable. Should display a battery symbol with a ? in the center.
    3. Press and hold the volume up button and insert the battery AT THE SAME TIME.
    4. Phone should now display a USB symbol, and is in usb recovery mode. WebOS doctor should recognize it now.

~Bowen
  10.    #10  
    thanks guys... i ran a quick erase to get rid of apps.. didnt work.. more apps appeared that i had previously removed.. WEIRD.. cant detect apps on quickinstall so.. moving on

have pre in the usb mode.. am currently waiting for a new webos doc to install

thanks SO much for every ones help it is much appriciated.
  11.    #11  
    nup not working... webos doc is stalling on same screen again
    *sigh*
    no idea what to do

might have to take it back. full erase isnt working. just going round in circles, ive been trying for 2 days to sort it now.
  12.    #12  
    cant shut down webos doc either.. laptop wont let me startup task manager
    If you can get the doctor to work, I read somewhere that doctoring the phone after 1.3.1 no longer erases the USB partition of the phone. Maybe try doctoring back to 1.2.1, if someone here has that file. Not sure if this will help you though, but its worth a try.