1.    #1  
    having problems getting my music from itunes to my phone. What can i do or am I not doing it right . Plug into computer and hit media sync and i wait and wait.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    What version of I-tunes are you using?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My guess is you have the latest version of iTunes... if so, you need to get an older version... or use drag and drop with phone in USB mode... or use an alternate music player like Winamp...
  4.    #4  
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    or use drag and drop with phone in USB mode... or use an alternate music player like Winamp...
    Both of these are way better options then iTunes syncing IMHO. You actually have control over your Pre and it won't bring your system to a crawl like iTunes does to my quad core PC.

Either Apple sucks I writing software (which I highly doubt) or intentionally crippled the performance of iTunes on Windows systems. There is no reason it should run as bad as it does.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Search the forums for the exact version that still works. Apple broke Pre / Itunes syncing with 9.0.2. You need a version prior to that one; or use other programs such as media monkey or double twist.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You need iTunes 9.0.1 or you could use WMP (Windows Media Player) instead? It's very straightforward:

1. Plug in Pre
    2. Touch USB Drive
    3. Open WMP
    4. Highlight songs to transfer
    5. Right-click, choose Add to > Sync list
    6. In right-hand pane, click Sync

You might need a plugin or two to support Apple-specific file types.
    Last edited by laze; 01/11/2010 at 01:17 PM.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gasboyjp View Post
    You need 9.0.1. That will work with the Pre. I still use this version with 1.3.5.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!