Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I just want to point out one security issue with this. This is essentially a proxy for the mobile web site, while fine for viewing news site and such, I doubt that I would recommend logging onto a banking site through there. I am not trying to start an argument or heated debate over this topic, just pointing out what should be the obvious.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
    I just want to point out one security issue with this. This is essentially a proxy for the mobile web site, while fine for viewing news site and such, I doubt that I would recommend logging onto a banking site through there. I am not trying to start an argument or heated debate over this topic, just pointing out what should be the obvious.
    gtstang,

This isn't a proxy at all, it merely loads the site in an iframe. You can follow the instructions from your computer and right click > view page source. All it does is dynamically generate a page that loads the site in an iframe. It's completely unrelated to proxy settings.

Iframes are very secure. Javascript from the page which contains the iframes cannot even access any of the elements within. I'm sure a google search for iframe security will yield some more info for you. If you find any problems let us know, but I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicjj View Post
    gtstang,

This isn't a proxy at all, it merely loads the site in an iframe. You can follow the instructions from your computer and right click > view page source. All it does is dynamically generate a page that loads the site in an iframe. It's completely unrelated to proxy settings.

Iframes are very secure. Javascript from the page which contains the iframes cannot even access any of the elements within. I'm sure a google search for iframe security will yield some more info for you. If you find any problems let us know, but I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    Proxy server: In computer networks, a proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application program) that acts as a go-between for requests from clients.

This is essentially the same principle. It is loading the site on a server somewhere in the cloud that I am not an administrator of, therefore I can not trust it.

I am IT in the Army, we tend to be a little paranoid about IT security.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12