Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    When the Pre+ launches on Verizon I will be getting it on launch day.
    Right now I sync my 700p with outlook and use chattermail for imap access.

Anything I should start doing now to make transition easier, or will it work fine out of the box?

Will I be able to view PDF, word and excel files on my pre+? I do not need to edit, just view.

Any accessories to consider other than touchstone?
    Thanks,
    Lance
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    When the Pre+ launches on Verizon I will be getting it on launch day.
    Right now I sync my 700p with outlook and use chattermail for imap access.

Anything I should start doing now to make transition easier, or will it work fine out of the box?

Will I be able to view PDF, word and excel files on my pre+? I do not need to edit, just view.

Any accessories to consider other than touchstone?
    Thanks,
    Lance
    Hey welcome! Lucky you'll enjoy the benefits of the improved Pre on Verizon.

1. Since you already sync with outlook you will be golden with the Pre. You just put int the information and you have the option to sync contacts, emails and calender.

2. There is a built in doc viewer on the Pre that reads PDFs, Wor and excel files just fine.

3. I'd pick up a screen protector perhaps (i use phantom skinz) but other than that thats the only thing i have. Touchstone def. as well.

Only other advice is get acquainted with the homebrew group here as the Pre is a great phone out of the box, but the homebrew community has really made it shine with a few simple patches.
    Do not have Verizon transfer your contacts over from your 700P to the Pre. Instead, have it sync your contacts with Exchange