1.    #1  
    Well - I am giving up on resolving my issue with app catalog and GPS after 1.3.5.1 and thinking I will just try webOS doctor to get back to default. What should I do to backup as much as possible to make getting back to my current system of tweaks and apps as quickly as possible?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I did the doctor for the first time. What I did was back up all my folders when in USB mode. I also initiated a Palm Backup from the device. I ran the doctor, and then connected to my Palm Profile. It restored all my apps, and PIM info. Also, the folders on the USB were still there and all my media info was not touched. Once done, I reloaded PreWare and readded all my tweaks and apps. Note: My one issue was that my Google Contacts were not all being restored on my device. If this happens to you, there is a simple fix. Export from Google your contacts in .vcf format. Then send that file to your Pre email account. Open the file on your pre and it will ask if you want to import. Say yes, and then these contacts will show again, properlly linked to Google.
    Just make sure you remove all Patches and custom themes you may have installed. Also if you use PreWare make sure you upgrade Package Manager Service to version (0.9.29) or newer.

Good luck!
    It's always best to backup /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 just in case palm's backup services fail. Can be done via receive file on webos quickinstall.
  5.    #5  
    do I need to remove tweaks and patches before WebOS Doctor? I thought it would take everything back to default, so no need to worry.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    There have been some mentions that the Doctor does not restore every file, so it is a good practice to remove your homebrew apps, patches, and themes.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    The real question is: Is there any way to completely erase the phone and then use Doctor to reload?
    I think you can do that from palm's profile site, but be careful because I think it also wipes everything on your usb partition.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    It's always best to backup /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 just in case palm's backup services fail. Can be done via receive file on webos quickinstall.
    Pardon me, but does this method backup manually-linked profiles as well?

*I have had to doctor my phone a number of times and I would love to save hours of my life linking aim/linkedin/gmail and tying all the sources together in the future.
    I believe so, I vaguely recall reading on a thread on here about backing up contacts that explained what column in which database saved linked information...