Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

My name is Curtis, and I'm a recovering Windows Mobile user.

There... I glad to have that over with. I have to say, I've had every windows mobile phone you can think of... I've hacked, kicked and cursed my way through roms and errors that would make you want to set a child on fire so just last week I made the change to the Palm Pre from a Touch Pro 2....

One word.... OUTSTANDING.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Sounds like the intro to a WINMO Anoynmous group. Welcome to the Pre, and I echo your sentiments (although I made the switch from the Tilt to the Pre last June)
    i agree with every thing and am in the same boat except for setting a child on fire, a cat maybe, or a coked up monkey
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curtispre View Post
    Hello all,

My name is Curtis, and I'm a recovering Windows Mobile user.

There... I glad to have that over with. I have to say, I've had every windows mobile phone you can think of... I've hacked, kicked and cursed my way through roms and errors that would make you want to set a child on fire so just last week I made the change to the Palm Pre from a Touch Pro 2....

One word.... OUTSTANDING.
    willkommen
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I switched from Treo 800w, and I know the pain.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i agree with every thing and am in the same boat except for setting a child on fire
    +1
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I switched from Treo 800w, and I know the pain.
    My name is Ken. And I use to do Window Mobile too. I was on 800w and Treo Pro. But now I'm doing much better with the Pre.
    Hi Curtis!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I switched from a Touch Pro. My Touch Pro's screen died and insurance was replacing it with either a Touch Pro 2 or a Pre. I waited 2 weeks for a Touch Pro 2 before I gave in and went with the Pre instead. Now, I can't even imagine going back to Windows Mobile after having my Pre for about a month.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I also switched from a Touch Pro. I may complain about the build quality of the Pre, but the UI is much friendly then windows mobile, and if you don't patch it, much more stable, the radio is better then any HTC phone I have used as well.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard. I must say though that some us have been helped a lot by the patch(es.) Don't knock what you haven't tried.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Welcome aboard. I must say though that some us have been helped a lot by the patch(es.) Don't knock what you haven't tried.
    Didn't mean to imply that patches make the phone unstable, but out of the box, web os is more stable then most of the mobile os's. I don't have to reset my Pre everyday, and I do like that fact a lot.
    I switched from an HTC Mogul and it's been a night and day difference. I can't imagine switching to a non-webOS phone any time soon. I'm anxiously awaiting Palm's next iteration of the Pre
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I switched from the Moto Q9c with WinMo 6.1 to Pre in November and totally enjoying the experience that is webOS and the fancy Pre itself. webOS is totally more fun, intuitive, and lot more potentials coming its way. Can't wait to see the Pre 2 with new OS updates.
    hi, my name is crusti (an anagram of Curtis btw)

i love my kaiser (tilt) to death, the pre is just an affair for me, this ***** of a pre is soo pretty and dirty i think she'll be hard for me to leave alone, just wish she would bluetooth things and give me proper GPS

so still got a foot in both camps, i just hope the pre/webos can modded asmuch as wm phones
    Like you, i was a winmo user many times. Bienvenido
    I was a WM user since 2001 with my first pocket pc and loved every minute of it till around 6 months ago when I started getting sick of the custom roms and tweaks and blah blah to much information in to many places for WM. I came to precentral one day and thats all i needed to switch over. I thought the pre was a great device but just recently with all the new features being added by the day this phone is going to be insane and can't wait when palm gets some damn respect.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I also switched from a Touch Pro. I may complain about the build quality of the Pre, but the UI is much friendly then windows mobile, and if you don't patch it, much more stable, the radio is better then any HTC phone I have used as well.
    I've found the build quality of my Pre to be vastly better than the Touch Pro that it replaced. The Touch Pro slider felt like it would split in two in a stiff wind, and pressing a button felt like something was splintering inside.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I switched from a samsung instinct.
    Welcome to the Badass club! Haha glad to see you are happy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast